Golfers Thread

Gaz

35 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As a golf fan I'll applaud any players good shot - I genuinely believe it's bad form to whoop at or cheer bad shots.

It's on par with those arseholes screaming "In the hole" at a par 5.

Clueless morons.

I agree with you, but in general, I like Americans, and can cut them a bit of slack given the pish they’ve endured for donkeys years. The ‘get in the hole - mashed potato - you’re the man’ mob are indeed arsewipes though.

Harrington strikes me as being someone who could watch us lose 4-0 this afternoon, lose the singles 12-0 tomorrow, and in his post-match interview tell us that we played very well and only a few key putts here and there at vital times were the difference. Clearly, I don’t expect him to say ‘we’re fcuked, are playing shite, I’m away for a Guinness’, but the thing is, I actually think he’d genuinely believe that only a few putts going their way were the difference.

Lowry must eat some amount of food to be able to maintain the weight he is. He will be walking 5/6 miles a day, probably 5 days a week, and about 40 weeks of the year. You would think being that active would naturally burn a lot of calories. 
He's just big boned.

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Lowry must eat some amount of food to be able to maintain the weight he is. He will be walking 5/6 miles a day, probably 5 days a week, and about 40 weeks of the year. You would think being that active would naturally burn a lot of calories. 

I think his liquid intake may be a factor too.

Christ, I’m nearly old enough to remember Jack Nicklaus being regarded as a fatboy lard-arse who was disliked for challenging king Arnold Palmer. McIlroy was something of a podgy fcuker before knuckling down too. Let’s hear it for the fatboys I say. Too many Cristiano Ronaldo six-pack ultra-fit fcukers going around for my liking.