Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Christ, I’m nearly old enough to remember Jack Nicklaus being regarded as a fatboy lard-arse who was disliked for challenging king Arnold Palmer. McIlroy was something of a podgy fcuker before knuckling down too. Let’s hear it for the fatboys I say. Too many Cristiano Ronaldo six-pack ultra-fit fcukers going around for my liking.

Nothing against Lowry btw, I’m not fat shaming. It just occurred to me that he must be burning a hell of an amount of calories every day, and to maintain the weight he is would need to be replacing them and more. I was playing 3 or 4 times a week a few months ago and I could feel the weight coming off me just down to how many calories I was burning walking the course. 

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Nothing against Lowry btw, I’m not fat shaming. It just occurred to me that he must be burning a hell of an amount of calories every day, and to maintain the weight he is would need to be replacing them and more. I was playing 3 or 4 times a week a few months ago and I could feel the weight coming off me just down to how many calories I was burning walking the course. 

Did you see how much Guinness he drank after winning the open? 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

No worries, I knew you weren’t fat shaming. If you were, you’d have posted the photo of Mark Yardley playing for Albion Rovers. 😜

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

No worries, I knew you weren’t fat shaming. If you were, you’d have posted the photo of Mark Yardley playing for Albion Rovers. 😜

I’ve had a few of Yardleys big breakfasts from the snack van at Greenhill Road, so it would be hypocritical if I was :lol: 

I’m currently hanging onto a 10 handicap… just. Wonder what I would score, if I were playing Whistling Straits, from the Ryder Cup tees and pin positions, with a crowd watching, booing me. Would struggle to break 120 IMHO….

….and what about the back nine. 😜

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m currently hanging onto a 10 handicap… just. Wonder what I would score, if I were playing Whistling Straits, from the Ryder Cup tees and pin positions, with a crowd watching, booing me. Would struggle to break 120 IMHO….

No gimmies

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

There’s a 507 yard Par 4, 1000 bunkers and water hazards on half of the holes. If I got round losing under 2 dozen balls I would be expecting to come home to a mention on the Queens honours list. 

McGinley just spouts nonsense constantly. He’s just said Europe can back themselves because they’ve got length in the team. Compared to me, yes, Europe have length in the team. Unfortunately for Europe they aren’t playing me, but against an American team that have much more length and some of the biggest hitters in golf. 

Edited by IrishBhoy