Golfers Thread

Gaz

I just can't see where we can get 9 points tomorrow (or 8.5 if we can sneak a half tonight).

You could make a case for maybe 5 or 6 if some folk get a fast start, but even if some of them find form out of nowhere, the yanks have all played bloody well all week, and surely can't all shite the bed

The record since the modern format began after Saturday is 11-5 in 2004 so we equal that.

18 1/2 9 1/2 is the record horsing in the modern era. USA in 1981 and Europe in 04 and 06. I think we need to be looking at 4 1/2 points as a target tomorrow so we don't set a new record for shitness

Edited by RosspCfc

Just now, Namond Brice said:

I find it funny that Murray has to advertise Sky's dogshit shows when it returns after a break.

Kelly Cates had to advertise about 7 of them at the end of the Liverpool game before they went to an advert break on Main Event as it swapped back to the golf.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

In the modern era I wonder what the record is for players getting zero points in a Ryder Cup match. We currently have McIlroy, Westwood, Fitzpatrick, Poulter, Wiesberger and Casey I think. Happy to be corrected on this.

The fact I wouldn't be on any of them tomorrow says it all. Half the team with a chance of ending up pointless. Poulter has an unbeaten singles record to protect so maybe he'll be motivated enough to sneak something I suppose.