Golfers Thread

Gaz

I see Rory is whinging about the set up being like ‘crazy golf’ once again 🙄

Is it just me who prefers watching the occasional tournament like that where guys are punished and tested rather than just bombing it everywhere with no consequences and ending 22 under or whatever? It’s surely more of a test of your temperament and shot selection which makes a good player.

It’s why I don’t like a lot of PGA Tour golf, it’s just quite samey a lot of the weeks. Bay Hill and the Players next week are good for a bit of variety.

So Rory doesn't like it when it's too easy, and he doesn't like it when it's too hard. 
Who do these people think they are, not consulting Rory about course set up before each tournament?
Rory absolutely bottled it over the weekend. He hit a 3w OB yesterday FFS [emoji23] How is that the fault of the course set up?

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So Rory doesn't like it when it's too easy, and he doesn't like it when it's too hard. 

Who do these people think they are, not consulting Rory about course set up before each tournament?

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Rory absolutely bottled it over the weekend. He hit a 3w OB yesterday FFS emoji23.png How is that the fault of the course set up?

Yep. He’s increasingly coming across as an arsehole. 

19 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Seems to be a shitload of folk who still think that a single player should be treated like crap, it would only take a few minutes to wave one player through.

My dad hits out with that "a player on his own has no standing on the golf course" bullshit when I'm out with him. Weird old man traditionalist bollocks. If you're holding someone up let them through, it shouldn't be difficult.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

My dad hits out with that "a player on his own has no standing on the golf course" bullshit when I'm out with him. Weird old man traditionalist bollocks. If you're holding someone up let them through, it shouldn't be difficult.

It’s also just factually incorrect now. These old boys genuinely don’t know the rules.