Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played in the Brechin open on Saturday and did ok. Shot 77, nett 71 (-1) but was 2 under through 6 so I feel like it should have been better. Magic 2 on the card though so that softens the blow!

Also played in the Forfar 36 hole open on Sunday. Terrible, Terrible stuff. Ended up carding nett 76 and 72. Anyone know if these cards will be sent back to my home course?

Yes, your cards will be sent back.

Your Brechin card says that your were 1 over after 6. You were 2 under after 4, not 6.

Is there an 18 hole course on Arran though? Online seems to suggest the biggest is a 12 hole course which seems bizarre?

Brodick is an 18 hole course and I'm pretty sure Lamlash is too. Brodick would be less hassle transport wise from the ferry terminal.

played 15 holes this afternoon. was pretty terrible in all departments (best was a bogey on a par 4). Drives were all over the place, irons were getting topped/thicked (?), pitches were probably the best part but even they weren't great and putting was horrendous (5+ putts on a couple of greens!) had 98 before we came off after 15. :-(

somebody cheer me up! :-)

Edited by happysouth

My last three rounds have been a 91 (net 66), a 90 (net 65) and a 91 (net 66).

Delighted to be getting that kind of scoring at this stage in the season. They've all been in bounce games but hoping I can do it in our next medal and maybe get a wee cut.

Proverbial game of 2 halfs today.

6 pars, one birdie, one bogey and a triple bogey 7 at the 4th (Stroke Index 1) to be out in 38.

Back in 44 for a 82 net 73 (CSS predicted 72). Buffer zone again!

Really frustrating.

Buffer again today. Net 73 again CSS 72.

Played pretty steadily but just can`t afford 3 double bogeys playing off 9. Couple of birdies helped including one on a hole that I don`t even par all that often. Sitting at 9.0 but remain hopeful of a cut soon :P

Yes, your cards will be sent back.

Your Brechin card says that your were 1 over after 6. You were 2 under after 4, not 6.

Okay ... my mistake :unsure2: quite easy to forget specific details after 3 rounds. Erm ... why the big interest? And how do you know this? I know everything is on HowdidIdo etc. but really??

Okay ... my mistake :unsure2: quite easy to forget specific details after 3 rounds. Erm ... why the big interest? And how do you know this? I know everything is on HowdidIdo etc. but really??

I played in both events as well, and always check the howdidido scores.

I would have been at Kirrie on Sunday if BA hadn't lost my clubs coming up from London on Friday.

Will play Edzell 36 this Saturday instead.

Anybody up for a round on the fairmount torrance course or the kittock course? I can get us on there for 25 quid weekdays only but tee off times might be before 9 or after 3(limited)

When are you thinking off playing?

I've got my annual trip to Arran starting tomorrow. Playing Shiskine (stunning 12 hole course over on the west side of the Island) tomorrow. Lamlash twice on Saturday and finishing up on Brodick on Sunday before heading home.

There's about 28 of us this year, half English and half Scottish. We do a wee Ryder cup style tourney on the Sunday and Scotland will be looking to keep the trophy after annihilating them last year.

I've not played a huge amount this year, once at Dunfermline, once at my local course Deaconsbank, once in Australia and twice over in Florida, so I'm not holding out much hope that my game will be up to a competition, but I'm fairly sure they sell lots of beer in Lamlash, so it should be fine. :thumsup2

yip. tougher course than it looks . 3rd and 4th tough holes

played it twice this year and really liked it

Sounds good. Had a little look at their website and it doesn't look like the driver will be out much.

Got a good tee time, hopefully I can get a score in.

Going to play Forfar on Thursday. Done most of the North East courses, but this has escaped me so far.

Read good things about it online, any P&B'ers played?

Played it a few weeks ago.

I always enjoy playing Forfar, used to travel up from London just to play in their 36 hole Open each year.

The greens were pretty good this year, better than they have been for the end of May in previous years.