Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I looked at Stirling (I work there) but everyone says it’s incredibly slow to get round.  Bizarrely never played Carmuirs despite growing up here!  Tryst would be easiest as I know a few members, including my dad, but I find it can be in poor condition sometimes (location means it gets a lot of through traffic, particularly schoolkids) and it’s difficult to get a time on.

haven’t played Tulliallan in about 20 years!

Give Carmuirs a go mate. Its got more variety than the Tryst, significantly better value than Glenbervie. I can see myself joining it at some point in the future. 

TBF I thought Fitzpatrick's comments were pretty fair - most of us would be raging if you had nailed one down the middle and ended up in the shite, while your playing partner hit a horror shot and has perfect lie. It just seems a bizarre choice of course for a Major.

Add in the fact that people in LA give less than a single f**k about most major sporting events, and it's all just a bit meh.

Kirky Open today… feckin’ nightmare. The three of us in our group chucked it at the 12th. Had taken us 3 hrs 5 min to play 11 holes. Some absolute roasters out there today who thought it was the US Open they were playing in, not the Kirky GC open. It was awful…. The cheeseburger & coke back in the sanctuary of the clubhouse was a life saver. Played in yesterday’s normal Kirky medal - 3hrs 33min for the entire 18. Today - 3hrs 5min for 11 holes? The actual F sake.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Kirky Open today… feckin’ nightmare. The three of us in our group chucked it at the 12th. Had taken us 3 hrs 5 min to play 11 holes. Some absolute roasters out there today who thought it was the US Open they were playing in, not the Kirky GC open. It was awful…. The cheeseburger & coke back in the sanctuary of the clubhouse was a life saver. Played in yesterday’s normal Kirky medal - 3hrs 33min for the entire 18. Today - 3hrs 5min for 11 holes? The actual F sake.

Broken record job, and pointless, but the clubs must surely take some responsibility and deal with that. 

Surely all it takes is someone from the ckub standing at the 9th tee and checking how long it's taken each group. It's a shambles that must happen at every club, all mine do about it is send out an email reminding folk to be wary of slow play.