Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Has to be guys who have had a skinful at the beer tent, and think it’s funny to shout the pish they hear the daft Yanks holler on TV. Probably the kind of guys who call a course ‘a track’ and wear ‘wacky’ clothes to the Ryder Cup. Probably holding a beer cup in one hand and a mobile phone in the other. Gagging to upload their ‘light a candle’ footage to the internet… bet their work colleagues hate them.

Rant over. 😎

Golf might soon be one of the sports that is better played with no fans. As darts would be 

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Has to be guys who have had a skinful at the beer tent, and think it’s funny to shout the pish they hear the daft Yanks holler on TV. Probably the kind of guys who call a course ‘a track’ and wear ‘wacky’ clothes to the Ryder Cup. Probably holding a beer cup in one hand and a mobile phone in the other. Gagging to upload their ‘light a candle’ footage to the internet… bet their work colleagues hate them.

Rant over. 😎

I’m not much of a golf fan, but I once won tickets to the Ryder Cup at the course near Birmingham (Belfry?) on Hawksbee and Jacobs.   My take on it was that the hospitality was great apart from those people, and I was equally irate at the equally loud and obnoxious blowhards at tee offs who applaud wildly at the precise moment the ball disappears from view (about twenty feet).  

Edited by Savage Henry

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Golf might soon be one of the sports that is better played with no fans. As darts would be 

Kinda why I like attending the Scottish Open on a Thursday. It’s not overly busy and the people who are pished tend to stay in the hospitality tents/near the bar. 

4 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Kinda why I like attending the Scottish Open on a Thursday. It’s not overly busy and the people who are pished tend to stay in the hospitality tents/near the bar. 

It’s actually quite impressive they can get so pished with the prices of beer at these events. 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s actually quite impressive they can get so pished with the prices of beer at these events. 

One can Dans the lot of them. The kind of kunts who don’t buy their round IMHO.

I’m in a mood today. 😄

….and while I’m in a good mood… these wee chunts gathered around the 18th players tunnel like flies round a shite… ‘Rory! Rory! Give me a glove!’… give the wee kunts fcuk-all. Fire them into the sun beside the cardboard sign holding ‘Rashford can I have your shirt’ b*****ds.

I need a tablet, I’m not myself today at all. 

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Corporate days out 

I attended the 2009 Open at Turnberry as a corporate guest, because my then flatmate won two passes for his company box in an office raffle.

I remain convinced that we were the only two in the box who actually ventured out to watch the golf at any point.

31 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

….and while I’m in a good mood… these wee chunts gathered around the 18th players tunnel like flies round a shite… ‘Rory! Rory! Give me a glove!’… give the wee kunts fcuk-all. Fire them into the sun beside the cardboard sign holding ‘Rashford can I have your shirt’ b*****ds.

I need a tablet, I’m not myself today at all. 

You can have a 3 wood straight to your face.