Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

How long do you have to decide? Might give you enough time to punt them to pals/family/colleagues 

Mine said 17th August.

The major issue for me is that you have to buy everything you get allocated, although I did know that when I applied. I'm sure I will get rid of the ones I don't want by the time next summer comes around, but it's quite the whack on the bank account right now!

4 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Anyone else had their Open ballot email?

I've got tickets for the Monday practice and the Friday.

Got mine, woukd have been shocked if I hadn't tbh as I only put in for the Monday practice. 30 quid for potentially 10 hours watching the world's best golfers sounds good to me.

Sounds like these ones are far easier to come by than last years at St Andrews. As it stands I wont be in attendance next year due to the way my shifts fall and the nightmare that is trying to get leave outwith your allocated block leave in my work. If I manage to get leave I’ll probably try and pick one up for the Thursday or the Friday. It should be a lot easier to get to by public transport than St Andrews was. 

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched a video from YouTuber Peter Finch of him playing the back 9 at Brora. 

What a course that looks! Might have to go on the bucket list 

Golspie, Tain, Brora and the 9 holes at Bonar.

I have these in ballot.

Friday dad would potentially take but if anyone wants others I'm happy buy them but I need the money upfront 

Screenshot_20230810-112630.png

Screenshot_20230810-112637.png

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched a video from YouTuber Peter Finch of him playing the back 9 at Brora. 

I was lucky enough to get up there and play it and Tain in June.  Well worth the trip; Brora feels pretty wild but is very playable (loads of room on wide drives on the front 9 at least).  Golspie, Tain and Brora are hard to separate - all really good.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 07.38.17 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 07.38.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 07.38.21 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 07.48.12 (4).jpeg

Played this morning on my lonesome at Kirky. 08.52 tee time. Turned up at 08.20, car park dead, locker room dead, got my gear sorted and walked onto the first tee at 08.30. Never saw another soul, bar greenkeepers, until I reached the 12th green. From there I saw folk playing on the first five or six. Played the 18 in 2hrs 16mins, without rushing. Nothing but the sound of birds chirping, coos’ mooing, and the faint thrum of grass cutting for the first 12 holes. Strolled the fairways in absolute solitude. Out in 40, back in 42, not even a ‘6’ on the card. Had a square sausage roll wi’ fried onions and tomato sauce afterwards. The kitchen staff put two well-fired square sliced on the roll, which resembled the thickness of a doormat…. 

Absolutely. Fcuking. Wonderful. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

We always had a small bet on the line—usually $10,000

What's the point when the amount is THAT small?

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I saw his video about the trip and that he was auctioning off the clubs he was collecting for the british heart foundation. He was playing at my club today so after work I went along, he was on the 7th hole when I caught up, he hadnt any wedges in the bag so I gave him two cleveland wedges i had around the house and an adams tight lies 3 wood as he didnt have one either. 
Hes a genuinely sound bloke and when the cameras weren’t rolling and he was walking between shots he was chatting away to people, taking pictures and being really engaging and decent. I have met a few social media personalities etc in various circumstances but Peter is a complete gentleman and I was chuffed to be able to help him today. I asked not to be on camera but you’ll see my clubs on the video. 

IMG_2473.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I saw his video about the trip and that he was auctioning off the clubs he was collecting for the british heart foundation. He was playing at my club today so after work I went along, he was on the 7th hole when I caught up, he hadnt any wedges in the bag so I gave him two cleveland wedges i had around the house and an adams tight lies 3 wood as he didnt have one either. 
Hes a genuinely sound bloke and when the cameras weren’t rolling and he was walking between shots he was chatting away to people, taking pictures and being really engaging and decent. I have met a few social media personalities etc in various circumstances but Peter is a complete gentleman and I was chuffed to be able to help him today. I asked not to be on camera but you’ll see my clubs on the video. 

IMG_2473.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

Comes across as a nice bloke. Hopefully see you in his next video then mate