Golfers Thread

Gaz

54 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

And there's no way that's just coincidence.

One Hojgard twin out with a Molinari brother along with Yannick paul and Dundee's very own pehrez out with Shane Lowry ...seems to be all about Luuuukes team 

21 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Reckon he'll be telling Boab he's in regardless.

Not sure about that, although hope you're right.  Stating the obvious, but Bob *really* needs to play well in these first two rounds with Donald, especially coming off the missed cut in a pretty feeble field last week.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Not sure about that, although hope you're right.  Stating the obvious, but Bob *really* needs to play well in these first two rounds with Donald, especially coming off the missed cut in a pretty feeble field last week.

It's probably fair to say that if Bob can't step up and put in a performance under that pressure, he's probably not ready to handle the Ryder Cup yet anyway...

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's probably fair to say that if Bob can't step up and put in a performance under that pressure, he's probably not ready to handle the Ryder Cup yet anyway...

Aye, Donald will be outwardly projecting "It's fine, relax, I'm here to support you, mate" while constantly making notes in his strokesaver

21 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

I’ll be astounded if Bob doesn’t automatically qualify or get picked. I’d also be shocked if Luke Donald hasn’t already decided who’s going and who isn’t. The next couple of days aren’t some sort of audition for Bob IMO.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I see MacIntyre is 3 under through 8 holes. Hopefully the Ryder Cup captain is impressed. Donald is one over. 

Not that we get to watch it. Shitey re-runs of previous tournaments and a programme about the Solheim Cup before coverage starts at 12.

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Was up by the Fairmont St Andrews this morning and there's about 3 men and a dog at that Asian tour event that was just after 0930

Will go up on Sunday if our club pro makes the cut.

Looking for a bit of advice with my driving. 

My bad shot off the tee is a big slice. I'm trying (again) to correct this. What is happening now in a good 50% of my drives is that I'm hitting a big, high shot straight left.  Like, 200yds in the air and about 150yds forward. 

I know it's probably something to do with me overcompensating when trying stop the slice.

Any ideas? 

25 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My bad shot off the tee is a big slice. I'm trying (again) to correct this. What is happening now in a good 50% of my drives is that I'm hitting a big, high shot straight left.  Like, 200yds in the air and about 150yds forward. 

I know it's probably something to do with me overcompensating when trying stop the slice.

Any ideas? 

Canny mind if I said this already, but I'm defo going for driver lessons this winter. I know I have a good drive in me. I probably hit my good ones more than 50% of the time but if bad ones go OB then they are score card wreckers. 

The thing for me though is that as I developed my iron swing (it's not great but it's better specially from 7 iron and shorter, iv realised that I don't actually have a driver swing and I'm sort of making it up afresh each time I tee it up. 

If you have strengthened your grip to conpensate for a slice, then you might find, as I had been before that when you take your club in your grip you are massively closing the face. This happened to me with my irons after a lesson, I still have to pay attention when I grip a club. I do it slowly. I can't just grab a club and hit. 

36 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Any ideas? 

Go for lessons