Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Tough decisions for Johnson. Wouldn't take JT personally but I think he will. Koepka, Spieth, Fowler and Morikawa. Last place between Burns and Young.

I wouldn't pick JT either, but I think he picks JT in the hope that he and Speith can fire each other up as it's a no brainer pairing. I did think he might have left Koepka out, but I don't think he'll be bothered about picking a LIv guy, he'll just want to get a rare US win in Europe and they are a better team with him in it.

4 hours ago, Burnside91 said:

Kings course at Gleneagles over the weekend, great track, great weather, great half way house and great shame about the golf personally. 🤣 

Love the Kings.  I’m at a corporate day on the PGA on Thursday, which is my least favourite of the 3 - but the format means it should be a good laugh.

JT's selection going down a storm on Twitter, and with Johnson overlooking Cam Young who was 9h in the points and Keegan Bradley who was 11th then he is being accused of going back to the boys club picks of old that saw them get plenty of beatings. Let's hope so.

20230829_154011.jpg

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

JT's selection going down a storm on Twitter, and with Johnson overlooking Cam Young who was 9h in the points and Keegan Bradley who was 11th then he is being accused of going back to the boys club picks of old that saw them get plenty of beatings. Let's hope so.

20230829_154011.jpg

It’s going to be tough but they are more than beatable. I’m quite happy to see them chucking picks at guys like JT.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s going to be tough but they are more than beatable. I’m quite happy to see them chucking picks at guys like JT.

Defo, JT will be under huge pressure to perform well having shown no form at all recently. 

Delighted with that US side. It looks weaker than it was projected a year ago and will cause a bit of grievance.

It'll likely be Speith/JT, Burns/Scheffler and Xander/Cantlay playing 3 out of 4 (or even 4/4). With question marks over 2 of those pairings.

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Great work by the tour this week

Boab

Paul

Meronk 

are in the same group Thurs/fri

Just hope sky start there coverage accordingly 

20230829_142200.jpg

Coverage doesn’t start until 12.30pm on Thursday so we wont be seeing much/any of it. Fear not though they are showing highlights from last weekends Fedex playoffs, highlights from last weekends LPGA event, highlights from last weekends Challenge Tour with 3 shitey wee behind the scenes programmes before the actual golf starts. We are truly spoiled!

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Coverage doesn’t start until 12.30pm on Thursday so we wont be seeing much/any of it. Fear not though they are showing highlights from last weekends Fedex playoffs, highlights from last weekends LPGA event, highlights from last weekends Challenge Tour with 3 shitey wee behind the scenes programmes before the actual golf starts. We are truly spoiled!

V annoying. They're out at 1340 on Friday though so hopefully we'll get good coverage of their group in R2. 

7 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Great work by the tour this week

Boab

Paul

Meronk 

are in the same group Thurs/fri

Just hope sky start there coverage accordingly 

20230829_142200.jpg

The last couple of groups also full of guys who are looking to sneak in (Fitzpatrick excepted).

At least Bob won't need to waste time worrying about how Paul and Meronk are getting on anyway.