Golfers Thread

Gaz

Quick 9 after my holiday this afternoon, 1st time with the new irons, safe to say I'm not overly impressed, very clunky however a good 1/2 club longer than my current set. Another couple of rounds needed before I decide whether to keep them or not, off centre shots definitely not as responsive as my current set of Lynx BB Tours.

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Quick 9 after my holiday this afternoon, 1st time with the new irons, safe to say I'm not overly impressed, very clunky however a good 1/2 club longer than my current set. Another couple of rounds needed before I decide whether to keep them or not, off centre shots definitely not as responsive as my current set of Lynx BB Tours.

What are the new ones?

2 hours ago, Burnside91 said:

Royal Aberdeen at the end of September in their open. Views on the course ? and is anyone else playing ?

I have played that Open for last 25 years or so - usually first off at 7.30am but pulled out a couple of weeks ago as doing the Bennachie Hill race in the afternoon.

Excellent course and in great condition  Not a cheap open - has gone up in price considerably last couple of years.....now £70 but includes a couple of wee sandwiches and a bowl of soup......

I stuck Sky Sports Golf on there for some background noise before the coverage starts and they are currently showing the most honking programme full of weirdos I’ve ever seen. A full programme about crowds of guys who dress up like fuds and go to the Ryder Cup. I’m really glad we get this instead of actual golf. 

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Cobra King forged tec copper

I tried a set of Cobras when I was getting fitted for my current irons. The distance was absolutely ridiculous - I was getting 175 yards on the simulator out of a seven iron - but I had hardly any control over them direction wise. Went for Taylormade Stealths in the end which were much easier to keep in a straight line.

4 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I have played that Open for last 25 years or so - usually first off at 7.30am but pulled out a couple of weeks ago as doing the Bennachie Hill race in the afternoon.

Excellent course and in great condition  Not a cheap open - has gone up in price considerably last couple of years.....now £70 but includes a couple of wee sandwiches and a bowl of soup......

yeah i thought it was a bit steep, dont mind paying it once in a while and if the course is in good nick. Looking forward to it. 

off at 11.10 

Bob wilting a bit as Meronk goes to just one off the lead, Bob got a huge stroke of luck with his drive in 14 flirting with the driving range fence and coming back into play. He couldn't take advantage though and could only par as Meronk and Paul both birdied it.

Meronk birdies 15 to tie for the lead.

Paul gets up and down from the bunker for birdie.

Bob hit the green in 2, but had a putt from about 95 feet for eagle, but can't hole his birdie effort. Two pars at the par 5s and right on the cut line.

Edited by peasy23