Golfers Thread

Gaz

That’s a pretty dismal effort from Bob today. I know he wanted to build up some momentum ahead of next week but playing a tough golf course in poor conditions was not the best choice and it’s ended up possibly having the opposite effect from what is desired.

I could see him getting a run out in the Friday fourballs next week and that might be it until Sunday unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

That’s a pretty dismal effort from Bob today. I know he wanted to build up some momentum ahead of next week but playing a tough golf course in poor conditions was not the best choice and it’s ended up possibly having the opposite effect from what is desired.

I could see him getting a run out in the Friday fourballs next week and that might be it until Sunday unfortunately.

I think Bob was always likely to get 1 fourball tie (maybe 2, if he plays well and wins the first one) and his singles match.  But the (slightly strange) decision to go and play has massively backfired and obviously Donald will have noted his poor form.

At the Solheim, 3-1 to Europe is the minimum required this afternoon.

Didn't see the front 9 this morning, so didn't realise they were playing the actual 4th hole as the 1st to allow them to have a driveable par 4 as the opener.

I'm not one to blow my own horn, but I hit my driver to 10 feet there.

Although everyone in our group had decided we were going to hit two balls there, and I had already laid up where Dryburgh has just hit it.

52 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Shades of whistling straits ...Yanks come out firing early and up in every match after the first couple of holes  Europe chasing there tails and making mistakes,only Leona Maguire looked like she was on it so far 

And down in the first match of the afternoon four balls 

Started playing again this summer, after a 3 year break. 

At my best I was about '14' handicap, so wasn't sure what to expect when playing again. Yet surprised how decent I've actually been - lots of 350 yard par 4s, etc.

Does anyone find the less they think about the shot, the better they hit it? Especially when it comes to chipping, pitching, bump and runs etc. 

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

Started playing again this summer, after a 3 year break. 

At my best I was about '14' handicap, so wasn't sure what to expect when playing again. Yet surprised how decent I've actually been - lots of 350 yard par 4s, etc.

Does anyone find the less they think about the shot, the better they hit it? Especially when it comes to chipping, pitching, bump and runs etc. 

Yes the more I think the worse I get and as always when getting the chance to play through it's a guaranteed duff 

The decision from Bob to play this week has really backfired and I’m not sure Luke Donald will be filled with confidence after today’s round tbh. There’s also now a lot of people online with the opinion that Bob’s a big weak link in the team so lets hope he gets a chance to prove them wrong. I get that he feels his game is stronger during a run of events but the fact he’s the only one across both teams who’s chose to play this weekend shows it’s definitely not the favoured strategy leading into a big team event like the Ryder Cup and maybe Luke Donald would’ve been better advising him against it.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The decision from Bob to play this week has really backfired and I’m not sure Luke Donald will be filled with confidence after today’s round tbh. There’s also now a lot of people online with the opinion that Bob’s a big weak link in the team so lets hope he gets a chance to prove them wrong. I get that he feels his game is stronger during a run of events but the fact he’s the only one across both teams who’s chose to play this weekend shows it’s definitely not the favoured strategy leading into a big team event like the Ryder Cup and maybe Luke Donald would’ve been better advising him against it.

Koepka is playing the LIV event