Darts...

Sideshow

6 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Just hit a 131 finish, my best ever. Scenes.

Class that. 

I'm not particularly good at darts, but on the rare occasion i've had a dart at a ton plus finish i've never got closer than wiring it.

On 02/07/2022 at 15:08, Blootoon87 said:

Just hit a 131 finish, my best ever. Scenes.

Well in sir,

My best is 111, although in a Jose De Sousa-esq way, aimed at treble 20 and hit double 20, left 71, treble 19 and double 7, also managed 110 in 2 darts once.

Saying that I average about 40 most of the time so both were absolute flukes.

The World Championships this year is wide open, feels like it could be anyones, none of the big dogs playing well at all, the match play should be interesting in a few weeks.

12 hours ago, The Naitch said:

That’s John Gwynne passed away. One of the definitive voices of darts. RIP

When I first got in to darts, basically at the time of the breakaway it was Gwynne, Sid Waddell and Dave Lanning on comms. Three brilliant commentators who've never been bettered and they're all gone. Grim stuff.

Great darts from Rowby John to beat Clayton there. There's a few potential updates in the tournament this year.
Rowby is a cracking player. Hopefully that's him breaking into the big TV tournaments now. Likeable guy too.

Nice to see Aspinall remind everyone that he exists. I think he'll beat wade.

Tomorrow's matches don't look that interesting. Would like to see schindler upset price, but it would also be cool if price and huybrechts had a chance to fight.

Wade looking dodgy in patches today. In general the afternoon session far outstripped the evening, especially the superb van Duijvenbode  - Searle game. 

Tomorrow's matches don't look as good, though Chizzy - Huybrechts maybe has potential. Can also see Gabriel Clemens beating Jose de Souza as Jose has been incredibly inconsistent as of late