Darts...

Sideshow

6 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Really dislike that smug p***k Humphries. Hope Littler batters him.

I don't agree he hasn't been tested either. Rob Cross averaged 102 last night with  40% doubling, he simply just outplayed him.

Will be interesting to see if PDC/Sky put him in the Premier League. There's no doubt he's already at least a top 8 player, but you've seen more experienced players than him being completely broken by the PL experience. They need to be careful with him, as he's going to solo carry the sport for the next 20 years.

I agree it maybe to early for him for premier league, although let's be honest player welfare will be low down on the pdc  priority list, making money is all they care about.

Buy he had maybe forced Thier hand , from what I've seen the lad is stupendous, I don't think I've seen such a relentless scorer, who also takes out the big out shots too,

I'm worried for where he will be in 5 yrs , we have seen previously others burst on the scene at the world championship and then fail to kick on from there.

Mark Dudbridge,  Kirk Shepherd Jelle klaasen  are there  that spring to mind , and also Jamie Lewis was a semi finalist  a few years back and is now back on the WDF circuit.

2 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Mark Dudbridge,  Kirk Shepherd Jelle klaasen  are there  that spring to mind , and also Jamie Lewis was a semi finalist  a few years back and is now back on the WDF circuit.

Sky don’t help. Part and Mardle have just mentioned that he could be a 4 time champion as a teenager. 

2 hours ago, Willie adie said:

I'm worried for where he will be in 5 yrs

Just now, dave_binos said:

Sky don’t help. Part and Mardle have just mentioned that he could be a 4 time champion as a teenager. 

Littler is either the next Phil Taylor or the next Kirk Shepherd 

1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

I'm worried for where he will be in 5 yrs , we have seen previously others burst on the scene at the world championship and then fail to kick on from there.

Klaasen is the only one who is comparable of those three in terms of a very young age and exploding onto the scene. Think he was 19 when he won BDO.

Dudbridge was in his 30s when he made the final. Shepherd honestly I don't to this day know how he made it to the final, he must have faced about 30 match darts against him in that tournament and in something like 4 of the 5 rounds on road to the final. He barely threw a dart again in his career afterwards.

The lad may well burn out, it does happen with darts players as we know but 16 is exceptionally young, almost unheard of in fact, to be a world youth champion much less a bonafide world class darts player and troubling the senior pros on tour. There is a genuine question of over exposure and playing in too many tournaments l, especially if hes playing and losing but by all accounts, the boy is a workhorse at youth level anyway and enters pretty much every tournament he can. 

For comparison, Van Den Bergh, Michael Smith and Luke Humphries were all 23/24 when they became world youth champion. Because that is still a youth in darts terms. 

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Good to see a Falkirk flag there, boosting those crowd numbers as only we can.

A few St Mirren fans there too going by Humphries walk on.