Darts...

Sideshow

Think they had a handbags at dawn showdown which made the PDC ban Andy Jenkins from December past for a few months while Terry got banned at the same time he appealed allowing him to play in their world championship, Unsure as to when the hearing for Bullys appeal is tho.

Andy Jenkins was banned, however the ban wasn't initiated before the World's so he was able to play, he is appealing the ban.

As far as I understand it, Terry Jenkins was merely fined by the PDC, the general usumption is that Andy provoked it.

Terry Jenkins just got a fine he didn't get suspended.

If Terry Jenkins crossed over he would win this BDO title at a canter by the way.

Not necessarily, Jenkins has a bottle problem when it comes to the finishing line, semi finals he would definately reach, possibly the final itself but no way would he win at a canter. IMO :)

Latest news taken from the tournament guide website: :)

SIMON WHITLOCK IS FIRST SKY SPORTS WILDCARD FOR WHYTE & MACKAY PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS

SIMON WHITLOCK has been named as the first Sky Sports Wildcard selection for the 2010 Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts.

The Australian has been rewarded for his superb run to the final of the Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship with a place in this year’s Premier League, which begins at The O2 in London on February 11.

Whitlock is moving from New South Wales to base himself in the UK in 2010, as he bids to follow up his Alexandra Palace success with Premier League glory.

“I’m absolutely thrilled,” said Whitlock. “I’ve seen the Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts on TV before but to be given the Sky Sports Wildcard is a massive honour.

“I loved every minute of the World Championship and I’m determined to show that I deserve to be on stage alongside players like Phil Taylor, Raymond van Barneveld and James Wade all the time.

“People tell me the atmosphere of the Premier League is amazing and I can’t wait to experience it for the first time on February 11.”

Whitlock knocked out three players he will face in the Premier League during his thrilling run in the World Championship, defeating Terry Jenkins, James Wade and Raymond van Barneveld before going down 7-3 to Phil Taylor in the final.

“Simon’s a fantastic addition to the Premier League and deserves his selection,” said Sky Sports commentator Sid Waddell. “He’s a really hard worker and a tremendous talent.

“I think he’ll be a real threat to Taylor at next year’s World Championship and it’s going to be fascinating how he performs week in week out against darts’ biggest names in the Whyte & Mackay Premier League.”

Whitlock joins the PDC’s top six in the Sky Sports-televised tournament, with Taylor, Barneveld, Wade, Jenkins, Mervyn King and Ronnie Baxter winning places in the event by right.

Great news & fully deserved for his recent form, that should guarantee some superb games in the Premier league, surely it will be Lewis for the remaining slot.

Latest news taken from the tournament guide website: :)

SIMON WHITLOCK IS FIRST SKY SPORTS WILDCARD FOR WHYTE & MACKAY PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS

SIMON WHITLOCK has been named as the first Sky Sports Wildcard selection for the 2010 Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts.

The Australian has been rewarded for his superb run to the final of the Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship with a place in this year's Premier League, which begins at The O2 in London on February 11.

Whitlock is moving from New South Wales to base himself in the UK in 2010, as he bids to follow up his Alexandra Palace success with Premier League glory.

"I'm absolutely thrilled," said Whitlock. "I've seen the Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts on TV before but to be given the Sky Sports Wildcard is a massive honour.

"I loved every minute of the World Championship and I'm determined to show that I deserve to be on stage alongside players like Phil Taylor, Raymond van Barneveld and James Wade all the time.

"People tell me the atmosphere of the Premier League is amazing and I can't wait to experience it for the first time on February 11."

Whitlock knocked out three players he will face in the Premier League during his thrilling run in the World Championship, defeating Terry Jenkins, James Wade and Raymond van Barneveld before going down 7-3 to Phil Taylor in the final.

"Simon's a fantastic addition to the Premier League and deserves his selection," said Sky Sports commentator Sid Waddell. "He's a really hard worker and a tremendous talent.

"I think he'll be a real threat to Taylor at next year's World Championship and it's going to be fascinating how he performs week in week out against darts' biggest names in the Whyte & Mackay Premier League."

Whitlock joins the PDC's top six in the Sky Sports-televised tournament, with Taylor, Barneveld, Wade, Jenkins, Mervyn King and Ronnie Baxter winning places in the event by right.

Great news & fully deserved for his recent form, that should guarantee some superb games in the Premier league, surely it will be Lewis for the remaining slot.

well done simon well deserved

Just watched the first leg of that Adams v Fleet match. Can't believe how nervous that Fleet was, kept dropping his darts and looking unsteady on stage. Think he also hit 5 and 11 in that leg :lol: Did feel a bit sorry for him.

Wouldn't say Adams was top notch either, wont be winning the title playing like that. Mayble playing a good opponent who can stand up straight may help.

Just watched the first leg of that Adams v Fleet match. Can't believe how nervous that Fleet was, kept dropping his darts and looking unsteady on stage. Think he also hit 5 and 11 in that leg :lol: Did feel a bit sorry for him.

Wouldn't say Adams was top notch either, wont be winning the title playing like that. Mayble playing a good opponent who can stand up straight may help.

He looked pissed! Adams wont get an easier match all year!

Watching the highlights of Montgomery v Thomson. Monty had about 9 darts to win 3-2 and bottled it completely. 2-2 going into the breaker. Tony Greens voice is quickly putting me to sleep though.

He looked pissed! Adams wont get an easier match all year!

Watching the highlights of Montgomery v Thomson. Monty had about 9 darts to win 3-2 and bottled it completely. 2-2 going into the breaker. Tony Greens voice is quickly putting me to sleep though.

Green is pretty dull, he's certainly no Sid Waddell. Although it's no surprise he sounds bored, some of the darts he's watching is shocking.

I've watched a fair few BDO first round matches. You can see exactly why the likes of Barney, Webster and Whitlock have joined the PDC. The standard is absolutely atrocious. I know it's only the first round but players getting consistently low scores is absolutely pathetic. You get some belting matches but only watch it for entertainment value. Could players like Hankey and Adams make the quarters of the PDC world championships like Whitlock has?