Darts...

Sideshow

19 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Peter Wright is on fire here.

Usually is at this stage. Up until he gets to the final and blows it.

Great darts from him at the minute all the same.

20 hours ago, philpy said:

It's darts, not football. The chants From the c***s are getting fucking worse.

This.

I quite enjoy watching the darts on TV, as much as Barry Hearn is a tosser he has done a very good job of glamourising the sport over the last two decades and increasing it's appeal to TV companies and sponsors, it has left snooker, Hearn's first 'project' trailing in the distance in that respect. 

The crowd who attend these tournaments and the Premier League etc however come across as utter morons, the thought of going along and being stuck in the midst of these pea brained, drunken fuckwits is genuinely horrific, you can just tell virtually everyone in the audience voted for Brexit. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

The crowd who attend these tournaments and the Premier League etc however come across as utter morons, the thought of going along and being stuck in the midst of these pea brained, drunken fuckwits is genuinely horrific, you can just tell virtually everyone in the audience voted for Brexit. 

The crowd at the Premier League finals are the worst. Pretty much used to come in, sing Phil Taylor and England songs all night, then throw whatever beer they had left down from the stands at the end.

I used to enjoy going to the Premier League nights as the darts itself was exciting. It was diluted slightly by increasing the number of players to 10, and today's news that 'contenders' will be in again next year has really pissed me off.

It doesn't affect Glasgow in any way next year, but for me it was a shite idea this year and doubling down on that means I probably wont watch any of it on the TV.

28 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The contenders was the only thing that kept me interested. Seeing the same faces week after week for what seems an eternity wears very thin for me.

I'd watch most weeks to root for Gary Anderson, the top Scottish player for years and a serial winner/contender in the major tournaments, his career is gradually taking a bit of a downward trajectory the last couple of years, I find it difficult to support Peter Wright as he is about as Scottish as Rod Stewart and Matt Elliott as well as being the epitome of 'yer da' attention seeking mid life crisis type. As a consequence the monotony of the Premier League is a bit 'meh' now, I will occasionally watch a bit here and there but with no real enthusiasm. 

Would be good to see someone else emerge and be a genuine challenger to the MVG dominance of this era, not Gerwen Price though, he is a fucking monumental bell end.