Darts...

Sideshow

How so ? Phil taylor best player ever about 5 stone over weight.Amazes me when rod 'no question dave' harrignton goes on about fitness.All the best players have always been overweight,taylor barney part.and of course andy fordham.

That's kind of my point no one has really tried it so there is nothing to measure against. While I think Talyor is just a freak and may never be bettered surely if one of the current crop decided to get in proper shape it would improve their game?

That's kind of my point no one has really tried it so there is nothing to measure against. While I think Talyor is just a freak and may never be bettered surely if one of the current crop decided to get in proper shape it would improve their game?

Lifestyle doesn't come into darts you've either got the natural ability or you haven't!

Edited by Am footy

Shape has f**k all to do with being good at darts. You either have it or doing 4 miles on the treadmill a day won't improve your darts.

Not disputing that you need to have the talent in the first place but don't you think someone like Lewis for example would be a better player if he was fitter?

That crowd made Lewis on the verge of tears.

The crowd are getting beyond a joke now , its effecting far to many players and spoiling things , sure have a good time and enjoy the darts but have a wee bit of respect for the guys up on stage rather than all this front of the crowd winding up the back of the crowd pish , where so called fans are not even watching the bloody darts.

side note , when does the BDO start ? sure its not the same quality and doesn't have the razza mattaz of the PDC but at least the crowd behave , and respect the players and there seem to be more characters over at the lakeside, and i hope to god the legend that is tony green is still commentating after not being well last year.

Edited by RobRoyGuy

side note , when does the BDO start ? sure its not the same quality and doesn't have the razza mattaz of the PDC but at least the crowd behave , and respect the players and there seem to be more characters over at the lakeside, and i hope to god the legend that is tony green is still commentating after not being well last year.

The Lakeside starts a week tomorrow on BBC and ESPN. And yep, you'll be pleased because Tony Green will be back in the box this year!

Edited by Davis Love III

The Lakeside starts a week tomorrow on BBC and ESPN. And yep, you'll be pleased because Tony Green will be back in the box this year!

There seems to be a lot of moaning about the Sky commentary/pundit team on this forum.

Does anyone think that John Part might be the answer? I used to really like him when he did the lakeside.

He hasnt done it for a few years now.

Edited by ChoppeReid

There seems to be a lot of moaning about the Sky commentary/pundit team on this forum.

Does anyone think that John Part might be the answer? I used to really like him when he did the lakeside.

He hasnt done it for a few hears now.

I think Part is a tremendous commentator. Far better than Mardle and Harrington anyway.

I agree with what H_B said earlier in the thread - the commentators aren't really going to criticise the crowd, they're not going to bite the hand that feeds them. Although I have to say, Dave Clark did kind of stray away from the party line the other night - he said something akin to "Not everyone here is here to watch the darts, we all know that, I suppose it's just part of the monster that's been created".

Edited by mozam76

Not disputing that you need to have the talent in the first place but don't you think someone like Lewis for example would be a better player if he was fitter?

Not in the slightest he's the WORLD CHAMPION!

He averages high 90s-100 regularly how would being 'fit' improve on that. If that involved weight loss then the weight of his dart may not be right.

It's an extreme case but Andy Fordham lost s shitload of weight and now is fucking hopeless because he no longer can judge the weight if the dart.

Not in the slightest he's the WORLD CHAMPION!

He averages high 90s-100 regularly how would being 'fit' improve on that.

Don't know, perhaps averaging over 100 regularly. Not saying it would but it just strikes me as odd that darts should be the only sport in the world where fitness doesn't improve the standard. We know you don't need to be an athlete to actually play but fitness helps with so many things other than just athleticism.

I don't think Fordham losing weight made him 'fit'.

Not saying I'm right but all evidence would seem to suggest that fitness should help.

The other thing with Lewis is that he can throw them averages and just look like he can't be arsed. Look at the demolition he gave Anderson at the SECC and he looked like he didn't want to be there and just threw the darts accordingly. He's astonishingly gifted.