Darts...

Sideshow

Aye I've had it on the laptop most of the night while watching other shite.

Parody was going tits at 180s and legs won some boy. He's absolute dung right enough.

Poor crowd for this one not sure what kind of response they were expecting in Gibraltar!?

Saturday June 29
Second Round
Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm)
Part v De Geus
Wright v Amos
Thornton v J Lewis
Henderson v Pipe
Haavisto v Lloyd
Nicholson v Brown
White v Caven
Chisnall v Payne

Evening Session (7pm-11pm)
A Lewis v R Smith
Suljovic v Painter
Baxter v Wade
van Gerwen v Rand
Finnan v Beaton
Taylor v Winstanley
Huybrechts v Burnett
Hamilton v Anderson

Jamie Lewis has come from nowhere to reach the final of this and qualifying for the Matchplay! Bully Smith will be beelin' he had the last remaining spot.

Also qualifies for the Worlds pretty much and in good shape for the Grand Prix. These Euro tournaments are massive now with the money involved a good run in one and you're going to make majors as shown with Kellett and now Lewis.

http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/hqzwb4328mc1a0atf3xtuufo/title/european-championship-tv-coverage

ITV won't be showing the afternoon sessions due to the Tour de France, you'll have to subscribe to the PDC site to watch. Bit disappointing - not sure why they couldn't have used ITV2 to show it.

Still, the first couple of nights look good...

Thursday July 4

Stuart Kellett v Ronny Huybrechts
Jamie Caven v Dave Chisnall
Colin Lloyd v Peter Wright
Robert Thornton v Brendan Dolan
Simon Whitlock v Kim Huybrechts
Phil Taylor v Vincent van der Voort
Raymond van Barneveld v Tomas Seyler
James Wade v Gary Anderson

Friday July 5

Jani Haavisto v Justin Pipe
Max Hopp v Paul Nicholson
Andy Hamilton v Terry Jenkins
Ronnie Baxter v Mervyn King
Wes Newton v Jelle Klaasen
Michael van Gerwen v Kurt Van De Rijck
Adrian Lewis v Mensur Suljovic
Kevin Painter v John Part

I think the 9/4 available on Haavisto is massive. He done OK in Gibraltar at the weekend whilst Justin Pipe has just lost his brother suddenly on Saturday so I doubt getting himself ready for this tournament is going to high on his priority list at the minute added to the fact he's taken a massive slump in form from the heights of last year.

I dunno Neilly, I watched Haavisto against Lloyd and he was pretty pish, didn't play the way he did against Anderson at the worlds.

Ronny Huybrechts is gash. Kellett will beat him nae bother. Wrighty should beat Lloydy without much fuss. Could mini upsets with Caven beating Chizzy and Dolan beating Thornton. Chizzy fair battered in the 180s at the weekend, but I dunno if a proper tv tournament will cause his bottle to crash again. Should be processions in the last three games. A Phil masterclass against Vincent Van der Speed Jobber, same as the German scrub Seyler against Barney and another squash match for Wadey against the crying jobber Webster.

Bit of a cluster f**k the coverage because the tournament has been arranged to be televised so late so late. First hour not being televised tonight as well as the two afternoon sessions. If you've got a PDC.tv subscription can watch on there for sure, I'm not sure about ITV player.

For a game that could go either way IMO under the circumstances 9/4 is value no matter what way you look at it.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your assessment I fancy Caven certainly for a mini upset and I reckon Huybrechts will have Whitlock as well.

Just about to log on for the first game. I reckon the crowd will go tits for Kellett's 'Vampire Weekend' walk on if they've had a few beers! OI OI OI!