Rugby Union

kiwififer

That is very true and it was a very big shock. However, I fear for the Dragons when they face Montpellier's ex-international stars IN France...

Aye me too I am sure they said it was only the second Newport away win this season. The other was Section Paloise in the same competition. They beat some good teams early doors but I have no idea just how weakened the sides would have been with the internationals.

Disagree. They should have kicked to corner and gone for 2 bonus points. Munster will pip them now.

Mcfadden was red Imo. Ref shat it.

Glasgow should win this pro 12. Best team imo

after watching a number of replays the ref and the TMO decided that he tried to use his arms and it was not that high. so not sure what they were looking at

Watching Edinburgh, 30-20 down with a few minutes left and Leinster should have a player binned, or possibly even red carded. Penalty and no card. Yet another Irish hometown decision.

That was a shocking decision by the ref/TMO.

Wasn't just all of us who thought the officials were wrong, McFadden has been given a three week ban.

Venues for the 2016 Four Nations announced (the rugby league tournament where a qualifier - Scotland this time - join England, Australia and NZ).

Hosted in the UK, disappointingly all 7 games are in England, with Scotland's matches v the antipodeans at decidedly underwhelming provincial venues:

Fri 28 Oct - Australia v Scotland - Craven Park, Hull KR

Sat 29 Oct - England v New Zealand - McAlpine Stadium, Huddersfield

Sat 5 Nov - England v Scotland & Australia v New Zealand - Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Fri 11 Nov - Scotland v New Zealand - Derwent Park, Workington

Sun 13 Nov - England v Australia - Olympic Stadium, London

Sun 20 Nov - Final - Anfield, Liverpool

To make things even more ridiculous the Scotland v NZ tie is the same evening as England v Scotland in Euro 2016 qualifying... Surely at least it could have been played in Scotland and on the Saturday afternoon - usefully without any English or Scottish Premiership football to compete with.

Edited by HibeeJibee

To make things even more ridiculous the Scotland v NZ tie is the same evening as England v Scotland in Euro 2016 qualifying... Surely at least it could have been played in Scotland and on the Saturday afternoon - usefully without any English or Scottish Premiership football to compete with.

Prob tv companies deciding again

I think the other disappointment is that this was probably a chance for rugby league in Scotland to get some coverage, and perhaps establish itself at a higher level, but the opportunity is going to be missed. Getting out of the group-stage at RLWC 2013 - beating USA and Tonga and drawing with Italy - was a step forward, as was beating Wales and Ireland then fighting back against France to win the European Cup 2014 and hence qualify for the Four Nations.

There is a very good chance that it may be years... perhaps decades... until that combination of results, coinciding with a UK World Cup and a UK Four Nations, presents itself again. We lost all 3 matches in the European Cup 2015 and finished bottom.

Edited by HibeeJibee

And a big clear out of fringe players announced an hour later, I take it they will be running a smaller squad next year after having to cover for the World Cup, the other one I heard who possibly could be on the move was Sean Lamont?

Nakarawa will be a bit of a loss, but it's been announced for a while so no real surprise.  I hope we can strengthen over the summer in the 2nd row dept as Greg Peterson, Tim Swinson and Jonny Gray will need back up.  We signed Moray Low but goodness knows where he's got to.  

We still have Gordy Reid at loosehead with Jarrod Firth coming in as back up, but it's still sad to see Jerry Yanu go as he was a good servant.  Mamukashvili is no real surprise as we still have Pat MacArthur, Fraser Brown and Corey Flynn joining, so good at hooker.  At tighthead Fagerson is becoming a stalwart as is Puafisi.

Into the backs, I'm looking forward to seeing Leonardo Sarto coming in but we may need some fire power to replace Taquele and Sean Lamont as well if that's true, even just across the general back line.  However, I reckon Lamont will be thinking about retirement tbh.  Last but certainly not least, I think we need another 10 to replace Duncan Weir.  That's a huge loss imo, he was really coming into his game especially at a time when Finn Russell was blowing a wee bit hot and cold up until recent weeks.   

For now though, a bonus point win at home to Zebre is crucial imo.