Rugby Union

kiwififer

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

I think we have been unlucky this year with the foreign guys we have brought in. Kentale has hardly played, the Namibian guy and Peterson have been injured all season, langilangi looked good but he only lasted a few weeks. Grigg and Johnson are OK but hardly world beaters. I know the whole remit is to produce players for Scotland team but we need a core of 3 or 4 players that are not going to disappear during the 6N. We could do with a mixture of either SH guys who are in their 30's and young up and coming guys from the PI's or US& Canada. As has been said we miss Niko nakarawa DTH, Blair cuisiter etc

Well said. Langilangi Haupeakui tried his best but was a liability due to the amount of tackling penalties he gave away. Someone should gave reminded him that these things are called arms and how they work.

Personally I like Sam Johnson. He'll need time to develop into a potent weapon. Not even Tommy Seymour started hot right away. Now he's lethal. Nick Grigg is just fresh out the academy and will need time to find his feet.

All about the Dragons game at home tomorrow.

Yep....is why I've high hopes for guys like Fagerson n mccallum. Dicko was thoroughly chronic early in his career but he's superb now.....absolutely gutted to see him stretchered off here. He was superb tonight n would have been a decent shout to start v England. Nae luck at all with our props at minute

How is Murray doing? Went to my school and he's a cracking lad.

I thought it was a weird game between Glasgow and Newport. First half hour was all Dragons, and their scrum half was absolutely running the game. If they hadn't butchered a couple of chances (most notable where the full back and winger managed to run into each other when they had a 2 on 1 overlap) they'd have been well ahead. We barely crossed the halfway line.

Then they just utterly collapsed. Still, a good and needed win. The difference even with just a few of the internationals back was noticeable. Grigg played really well, but for me the class of guys like Swinson, Bennett, Favaro and Pyrgos really shone through in the 2nd half.

Oh, and I've still no idea how that was a try for Dragons. I was right behind that goal, probably had the best view in the stadium, and it looked short. Couldn't really see the big screen fully, but it looked short there as well. Should it have counted?

The team that's stepped into the action during the internationals have struggled to find their feet. Especially in autumn. However, we gave the Scarlets a good game for the most part during the 6N, were unlucky not to follow that up with a losing BP in Belfast and perhaps a tad unlucky not to sneak the win at Ospreys.

This will have been the targeted game and finally the hard work paid off. We were clinical vs a Dragons team who may have fancied themselves for a shock. The way in which we came back from 10-0 down (despite the disputable try) was outstanding. A little bit of me thought "here we go again" but thankfully didn't come to that.

I left Scotstoun feeling exhilarated. Our next game's at home vs Connacht just a week after the 6N finishes. Won't have all the players back but certainly a huge chunk of them. We're capable of winning our remaining Pro12 games (inc over in Munster and Leinster) but the top sides still have huge cushions over us and will still pick up points. Also, Ulster have a game in hand vs Zebre at home!!

If we don't make the play-offs the very least we can do, including trying to win the Sarries away game of course, is aim to finish as high up the table as poss as it looks better and gets ourselves in the best pot possible for the Champs Cup draw. We SHOULD finish above Edinburgh. You don't want shoved in Pot 4 with no chance of getting an Italian team.

One more thing. We blotted our copybook at the end. What happened?? The clock went red and all we had to do was get the ball out the ruck and out the park!! We seemed to needlesssly mess about and give them a try. I suppose it's human nature to switch off when home and dry though lol...

Edited by come on shire