Rugby Union

kiwififer

Always depends on the first game for me. I've never seen us win in Cardiff and the front row problems have made me more nervous. However, at the start of the season I would have seen this as a game we should be winning and while we have a patchwork front row, Wales could be missing almost all of their best players. If we can win this then I'll start getting excited.

Turner being out as well has given me the fear. Even being down to fourth and fifth choices with the props we still have quality, but if McInally ends up injured as well we have no available hookers anywhere near the same level and the front row is gubbed.

If we could have 20 point leads established by the 60 minute mark in every game so we can bring Lawson on without the fear of blowing it, that'd be lovely.

On 1/28/2018 at 15:40, John Lambies Doos said:

Can't fecking wait til the 6 N starts

Snap.  I went to the Madejski on Saturday  with my younger weans and an Irish pal to watch London Irish vs Wasps.  Not so much for the game itself but just to get a rugby buzz ahead of the forthcoming weekend.  How many sleeps is it?

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Rugby ken’ing folk, I’ve a bet on with a mate that Scotland will beat Wales on Saturday. Is this likely to happen or have I fucked it?

There are 6 of us assembling at Kinky Heights on Saturday.  I'll cook chili and nachos but have also splurged a small fortune in buying 4 cases of  Punk IPA.  If Scotland don't win I will demand  my money back.

I'm starting to get the fear a bit now. I feel like Gatland being forced not to play his favourites like Webb, Biggar and North is actually going to work against us because he'll have to pick the Scarlets boys that he's studiously ignored for years. Are the teams announced today?

There are 6 of us assembling at Kinky Heights on Saturday.  I'll cook chili and nachos but have also splurged a small fortune in buying 4 cases of  Punk IPA.  If Scotland don't win I will demand  my money back.

Unfortunately I’m moving house this weekend but thanks for the invite.

I'm starting to get the fear a bit now. I feel like Gatland being forced not to play his favourites like Webb, Biggar and North is actually going to work against us because he'll have to pick the Scarlets boys that he's studiously ignored for years. Are the teams announced today?
The teams are announced tomorrow(Wednesday)

Indeed, he has picked 10 Scarlets in the first XV.

Six Nations: Wales announce squad to face Scotland
http://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/_/602709

8 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Indeed, he has picked 10 Scarlets in the first XV.

Six Nations: Wales announce squad to face Scotland
http://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/_/602709

That's a decent team. I'd have much rather seen Biggar than Patchell at 10, and Evans and Adams are very dangerous.

I've got a feeling Denton is going to start for us to add a bit of grunt and match up to Moriarty.

Wales have no Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton or Jake Ball for Saturday.  Toby Faletau being out for them will also be a blow.

Rhys Webb and Dan Biggar are both out at half back with Liam Williams, Jonathan Davies, George North and Hallam Amos out further back. 

I think on paper they have the more key injuries.  If our front row can be galvanised under pressure and keep the scrum steady and allow our backs to get fast ball then we CAN win in Cardiff for the 1st time since 2002.  Nice dry weather would be very handy too.

I'd rather have Barclay or Wilson at the back of the scrum.  Even Ashe if he was picked.  Dents competed with Johnnie Beattie for the No.8 shirt when the wooden spoon was a battle between Italy and ourselves almost exclusively.  Great servant but too one dimensional and the previous 3 guys have more to their game imho. 

Edited by come on shire