Rugby Union

kiwififer

Tough one last night. Thought the B team played well against a strong Munster side, and you'd have taken two points before a ball was kicked, but the manner of the loss in the end was very disappointing. Ospreys away next week looks like a big game for the conference. Bit of a pity it's going to be played out by two reserve sides because of the "charity" event in Cardiff.

I decided against jumping in the Union canal last night I'm pleased to say but that was absolutely gutting.

On the other hand we took a depleted squad away to Munster's strongest team and got 2 points and starved them of a winning BP. These could be 2 massive points in the context of our season.

Also when Munster came to us we won despite not getting a BP and starved them of any points. I'd say we've won the head-to-head battle.

Ospreys away won't be easy but they'll be quite depleted aswell so we really need to get back to winning ways on Fri night.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

That's shocking.

Glasgow should cite that.

A Munster player elbowed a guy in the face after he'd taken a conversion and didn't get cited. I'll be very surprised if any action gets taken against Stander for that.

Tough one last night. Thought the B team played well against a strong Munster side, and you'd have taken two points before a ball was kicked, but the manner of the loss in the end was very disappointing. Ospreys away next week looks like a big game for the conference. Bit of a pity it's going to be played out by two reserve sides because of the "charity" event in Cardiff.
A charity event from which none of the gate money is going to the actual charity from what I've read. Even quite a few Welsh fans aren't happy about it.

14 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
11 hours ago, GAD said:

A charity event from which none of the gate money is going to the actual charity from what I've read. Even quite a few Welsh fans aren't happy about it.

I was reading folk saying that. That's very poor by the SRU if it turns out to be true.  

That's terrible by both unions. Let's hope some of this justified public shaming helps them see sense and donate some of the proceeds. 
A lot of posts on social media from folk who bought tickets on the assumption that a percentage was going to Doddie's foundation.

Just now, peasy23 said:
4 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:
That's terrible by both unions. Let's hope some of this justified public shaming helps them see sense and donate some of the proceeds. 

A lot of posts on social media from folk who bought tickets on the assumption that a percentage was going to Doddie's foundation.

Exactly, I know a few folk who did that. Even if it was never explicitly said it was certainly inferred. 

Exactly, I know a few folk who did that. Even if it was never explicitly said it was certainly inferred. 
Yep, to name the game after a man who is dying, but not contribute any of the gate receipts to his foundation is utterly shameless stuff from both RFUs.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Yep, to name the game after a man who is dying, but not contribute any of the gate receipts to his foundation is utterly shameless stuff from both RFUs.

Yep, they've cynically used the guy's illness to try and shift tickets (at about £65 each I'm sure )for a game that nobody actually wants to see, especially since it's going to be between understrength sides. It's a disgrace to be honest.

Meanwhile, 1st play 2nd in conference A and 2nd play 4th in conference B. However, instead of being two of the biggest games of the season, it's going to be between reserve sides. Teams that will be even more understrength than usual during AIs and 6 nations, as their players will be filling the gaps left by the guys who play abroad. Real mouth watering stuff.

Pretty sure the game was announced well before any possible charity aspect was introduced, so it's a bit of a stretch to claim they thought it was a charity game. The Welsh especially have no excuse - they've been playing 4 AIs for years on the basis the WRU are skint. The SRU also have the Doddie charity as an official charity partner and make regular donations and host events with him.

I'm no great defender of the SRU, but I'm not sure they're really at fault here.

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Hardie signed with Newcastle. Still dont think we will ever see him in a Scotland shirt again, not matter how well he does.

He's a like for like replacement for Hamish Watson.  But, like Strauss, I get the feeling Townsend is going to avoid calling him up unless he has to.