Rugby Union

kiwififer

36 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There must be a better 10 somewhere in Scotland than Thomson.

Has to be. 

There's one on the bench. Ruaridh Jackson isn't the best 10 around but he was better there than the turgid shit Thomson has served up so far this season. 

8 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

There's one on the bench. Ruaridh Jackson isn't the best 10 around but he was better there than the turgid shit Thomson has served up so far this season. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jackson started preseason late because he went travelling!

Sums up Glasgow this season. 

Anyone that has ever been to Cardiff for a 6 Nations game will be absolutely sure that they could never support Wales. 
For those of us who don't go to rugby games, elaborate on how the Welsh support are cretins...

Doesn't overly surprise me. I have found Welsh people generally very cold and strange over the years.

After Shire's Fri night win at Spartans I'm back to Earth with a bump after Glasgow's performance. Too many mistakes and dropped balls. They're clearly the weakest Welsh team and took advantage of playing a side with loads of internationalists away but they're always stuffy at home. We clearly just played their game so played into their hands.

I thought Toony was still in charge with the amount of kicking we were doing. Also, what's up with Brandon Thomson this season?? I noticed Ashe came off early too. When will his injuries clear up??

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 23:50, HibeeJibee said:

In recent years I've followed the rise - and now fall - of the Scotland rugby league side... attending several European Cup fixtures and Four Nations/RLWC qualifiers at Old Anniesland and Netherdale, and having trips to games in England at RLWC 2013 and Four Nations 2016.

RLWC 2021 playoff v Serbia on Sat 26th Oct is at "Lochinch Sports Pavilion, Glasgow". Is this, as it appears, a police recreation playing field :huh:...?!

Terracing? Seats?

Scotland 86-0 Serbia earlier.

Tonga 14-6 Great Britain in Hamilton (NZ) to - rather embarrassingly - commence first 'Lions' campaign since 2007.

Edited by HibeeJibee

England absolutely bossed NZ and unfortunately totally deserved their place in the final. I actually thought the played some fantastic rugby, keeping the ball alive and stretching NZ side to side in the first half, definetly the best half of rugby any team has played to date.

On Glasgow, that was atrocious. You could tell in the first 10 minutes, the ball was slippery and the obvious tactic was to hoof the ball into the opponents 22 and play off mistakes, not try and run and pass from your own 22 with. Maybe the wind puts you off doing that in the 1st half, but you could grubber in behind etc. I've defended Thompson in the past as he is capable, but that was shocking yesterday. The whole team are completely off the pace. Only bright spots were Bryce af fb who looked fairly ok, Fagerson who is sticks out like a sore thumb (its like when a club 1st player drops down the the 3rds for a game), and Grigg was solid.

Edit to add, Clancy was dreadfull as well - made no difference to the result, just generally dreadful

Edited by honestly united

Scotland 86-0 Serbia earlier.

Tonga 14-6 Great Britain in Hamilton (NZ) to - rather embarrassingly - commence first 'Lions' campaign since 2007.
Seemed strange that they would play a match in New Zealand at the same time the Union boys had a WC semi-final? The test next week is on in the afternoon with the Rugby Union WC Final in the evening their time which makes some sense, but why was this game played at night in front of a small crowd and presumably a small TV audience?