Rugby Union

kiwififer

Edinburgh's stadium looks pretty poor. It's a better option than playing small games at Murrayfield but seems like a colossal waste of over £5 million for the end product.

Why was Fagerson's ban reduced from 6 weeks to 4, but O'Mahony got a 50% reduction? Aside from the fact rugby's disciplinary procedure is a shambles and needs a complete overhaul.

ETA: I see Fagerson's was a match longer because though he accepted it was foul play he contested the fact that it should have been a red card. O'Mahony accepted the red card so  his ban was reduced further.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Edinburgh's new ground is finished 

It's awful. A B&Q special, with the added bonus of a sight-blocking pillar every 10 yards. 

Who in God's name thought that was a good idea ?

The first 15 for Glasgow is looking pretty solid now - probably still need another (decent) 2nd row, an open side  and probably another winger or 2

Props - Kebble, Fagerson, Bhatti, Bergham

Hooker - Brown, Turner, Stewart

2nd Row - Gray, Cummings (Bain, Bean, McDonald)

back row - Fagerson, Dempsey, Wilson, Gordon

Srum half - Price, Horne, Dobie

Stand off: Weir, Thompson

Centre: Jones, Johnson, Grigg,McDowall

Wing: Steyn, Jones, Seymour

Full back: McKay

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have a feeling Seymour might chuck it in the summer

I think he might be off as well, only include him as out options on the wing are pretty slim at the moment, Steyn and Jones are both very injury prone, Tagive isn't a rugby player. Nairn and Matawalu are decent back ups but not starters

1. Oli Kebble (52)
2. Johnny Matthews (7)
3. Enrique Pieretto (9)
4. Richie Gray (53)
5. Leone Nakarawa (73)
6. Rob Harley (241)
7. Thomas Gordon (27)
8. Ryan Wilson (C) (181)

9. Jamie Dobie (14)
10. Adam Hastings (46)
11. Rufus McLean (1)
12. Sam Johnson (66)
13. Robbie Fergusson (7)
14. Ratu Tagive (20)
15. Huw Jones (45)

16. Grant Stewart (39)
17. Aki Seiuli (22)
18. D’arcy Rae (78)
19. James Scott (0)
20. TJ Ioane (8)
21. Sean Kennedy (12)
22. Ross Thompson (2)
23. Ollie Smith (1) 

Edited by come on shire

The Glasgow Warriors squad for the home game to Ulster. It's the best we have. Danny Wilson said in his comments what a tough challenge it'll be based on when they beat us in Belfast. 

Maybe it's just me but I just don't get the same "we must win" attitude from Wilson that we got from say, Toony then Rennie. 

Great signing for Glasgow - he can give Tommy G some competition for his mullet.  

WP Nel has signed an extension at Edinburgh too, and Edinburgh have now adopted a policy of not announcing how long for.  I think they got fed up of other clubs knowing when to come in and try to pinch them.  Edinburgh at a cross-roads when you look at signings like McKay along the M8.  I like the fact young guys are getting a shot but Edinburgh isn't really an attractive prospect for a marquee signing like that.  

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

The Glasgow Warriors squad for the home game to Ulster. It's the best we have. Danny Wilson said in his comments what a tough challenge it'll be based on when they beat us in Belfast. 

Maybe it's just me but I just don't get the same "we must win" attitude from Wilson that we got from say, Toony then Rennie. 

I think Wilson is resigned to doing nothing this year as realistically we aren't challenging for anything, and giving guys a run to build experience for next year. Toony and Rennie were in with a shout every year so every point was a prisoner.

53 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Great signing for Glasgow - he can give Tommy G some competition for his mullet.  

WP Nel has signed an extension at Edinburgh too, and Edinburgh have now adopted a policy of not announcing how long for.  I think they got fed up of other clubs knowing when to come in and try to pinch them.  Edinburgh at a cross-roads when you look at signings like McKay along the M8.  I like the fact young guys are getting a shot but Edinburgh isn't really an attractive prospect for a marquee signing like that.  

Edinburgh are in a different situation in that they have re-signed their big names for next season so probably dont have the budget for big name signings. They have signed Lang and the other lad from Quins, and Cockerill has said there are more to come.

2 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Edinburgh are in a different situation in that they have re-signed their big names for next season so probably dont have the budget for big name signings. They have signed Lang and the other lad from Quins, and Cockerill has said there are more to come.

Also lost a couple of players too, Van De Merwe being the most notable one.  WP Nel, Mata, Watson and Ritchie are all important re-singings for sure, but we badly need another 10.