Rugby Union

kiwififer

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I can't remember which Glasgow game it was but he looked more secure at 12 than 13. The Welsh midfield isn't exactly dynamic anyway. 

Tompkins is pretty dynamic, I'd he not? He used to be at least.

3 hours ago, Snobot said:

Them:-

Wales: L Williams; Cuthbert, Watkin, Tompkins, Rees-Zammit; Biggar (capt), T Williams; W Jones, Elias, Francis, Rowlands, Beard, Basham, Morgan, Moriarty.

Replacements: Lake, G Thomas, D Lewis, S Davies, Wainwright, G Davies, Sheedy, J Davies.

Adams out injured. Debut for Morgan in back row.

Bit off topic but I’ve never quite understood why rugby teams are listed with the backs first in descending order 15-9 and then the forwards in ascending order 1-8. Why not just 1-15? 

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

How do you go about getting tickets to away Six Nations games? Is it through club rugby or something?

Depends on what match, easiest tickets are probably Italy, they have a public sale on TicketOne, I've never not been able to get a number of Rome tickets, France have a similar setup so rugby club membership is normally not really needed.

The most difficult ones are England, Ireland and Wales as these are usually at a premium so for those matches alone it could be worth joining your local club as they get a small number from the SRU.  ALthough saying that I have heard of a good number getting tickets in the public sale for the weekend whilst Ireland are holding back tickets in case of further Covid restrictions.

How do you go about getting tickets to away Six Nations games? Is it through club rugby or something?
Yes through a club (my old club) they get so many each year for each away game. As we have been going to Cardiff for a few years they never have an issue getting them. I know you can get tickets on the wru website, or they did have them in previous years.

Italy don't sell out so never an issue getting tickets, and flights and tickets are cheaper than train and tickets for Cardiff!!

That or ticketmaster, but its hit or miss..u have to be quick.

See screenshot re. Ireland game, you have to fo through the Irish ticketmaster site. It says low availability as tickets yet not on sale to general public, they are going through clubs. Like I say when they go on sale they won't last long.
I will be at that game as my Irish cousin will bag me a ticket through his local club. I go to this one every 2 yrs.
ab19229987feaf9b57c918c3c2b44114.jpg