Rugby Union

kiwififer

From Irish telly

Williams: I've got to say, I've seen some dodgy penalty tries, and that is up there.

I'm not so certain you could say that a try was definitely going to be scored without that. Did the foul play stop the try from definitely being scored? I just don't think if fulfils those requirements...

Kearney: For me it's not a penalty try. I don't think we can say that Darcy Graham was without doubt going to catch that ball in the air under pressure from another defender.

That's my interpretation.

Horgan: I think you have to give a penalty try, even to establish the attacking team's right to an opportunity to score that try. He eliminated that opportunity by his actions that so fragrantly illegal.

I feel with that without that level of illegality there was the opportunity to score a try. For that reason, and to discourage that type of play, it was right that a try was awarded.

Williams: I think it is a very, very harsh penalty try. If I'm Eddie Jones, I'm filthy.

Matt Williams being clueless and Rob Kearney clearing thinking i would just have elbowed him in the face while pretending I was trying to catch it.

From Irish telly

Williams: I've got to say, I've seen some dodgy penalty tries, and that is up there.

I'm not so certain you could say that a try was definitely going to be scored without that. Did the foul play stop the try from definitely being scored? I just don't think if fulfils those requirements...

Kearney: For me it's not a penalty try. I don't think we can say that Darcy Graham was without doubt going to catch that ball in the air under pressure from another defender.

That's my interpretation.

Horgan: I think you have to give a penalty try, even to establish the attacking team's right to an opportunity to score that try. He eliminated that opportunity by his actions that so fragrantly illegal.

I feel with that without that level of illegality there was the opportunity to score a try. For that reason, and to discourage that type of play, it was right that a try was awarded.

Williams: I think it is a very, very harsh penalty try. If I'm Eddie Jones, I'm filthy.

Matt Williams being clueless and Rob Kearney clearing thinking i would just have elbowed him in the face while pretending I was trying to catch it

f**k Ireland

34 minutes ago, Detournement said:

From Irish telly

Matt Williams being clueless and Rob Kearney clearing thinking i would just have elbowed him in the face while pretending I was trying to catch it.

What other defenders was Kearney looking at

39 minutes ago, Detournement said:

From Irish telly

As @GordonS told us again and again last year the Irish press is just so impartial and lacking bias...

Matt Williams being clueless and Rob Kearney clearing thinking i would just have elbowed him in the face while pretending I was trying to catch it

f**k Ireland
The thing about these fuds on Irish TV is they just don't respect Scotland as guys like Kearney and Horgan pumped us yr in yr out. I can't stand these feckers but until we win a championship/grand slam or pump them out a WC, they never will show any respect.
As for Williams, he's just a bitter c**t as he failed miserably with Scotland and made up some 'bench pressing' tall tales to deflect that fact.

The thing about these fuds on Irish TV is they just don't respect Scotland as guys like Kearney and Horgan pumped us yr in yr out. I can't stand these feckers but until we win a championship/grand slam or pump them out a WC, they never will show any respect.
As for Williams, he's just a bitter c**t as he failed miserably with Scotland and made up some 'bench pressing' tall tales to deflect that fact.
Definitely a lot of truth in that. Respect has to be earned, and in the professional era our record against the Irish is dreadful.

I just hope that we can focus on the job in hand next week. We've shat the bed repeatedly in Cardiff, and should have blown them away last year but ill discipline cost us.