Rugby Union

kiwififer

So first ever defeat to Samoa. Pretty disappointing performance from us, inexperienced players struggled to deal with the power of Samoa.

An uphill struggle after a bad start. Too many handling errors although the ref let the Samoans away with murder at points and in a proper game yellow cards would have been out.

Thought it showed the jump from club to international, with the new guys that are good club players not quite being up to speed. Also am I the only one who doesn't rate laidlaw that highly. Pyrgos looked much better when he came on and he's only 3rd choice at Glasgow. I assume its a case of him only getting a game as he's first choice goal kicker.

One of the best Scottish performances in a while, bodes well considering we were missing about 10 first choice players (4 Lions, Ford, Brown, Barclay, Weir, Cuisiter etc)

Up until the sin bin I thought we had the game won, thought it was a tad harsh, but we got away with it on the 2nd try, and we were pushing the ref slightly with the amount of penalties given away. More pluses than negatives, thought the 2 centres looked good, and if Johnston gives Hogg a run at 10 then we could have a really exciting back line next season

Could someone be able to tell me if there is any sort of Rugby League competition or setup in Scotland since Scotland do have a team and will be competing at this years Rugby League world cup in England.

Edited by Bluenose5

Has anyone bought the season ticket for Scotland's home internationals?

It does give a decent discount across the next 5 games, just annoyed at them selling as a package meaning fewer tickets available to buy selectively on a game by game basis.

Scotland beat Italy 30-29 scoring a try in 81 mins then converting it .

I said to my mate earlier that the lions used their get out of jail free card but Scotland just committed daylight robbery. I know it is a weakened Scottish team but my god they made hard work of that.

I said to my mate earlier that the lions used their get out of jail free card but Scotland just committed daylight robbery. I know it is a weakened Scottish team but my god they made hard work of that.

it was pretty terrible all round. The front row, Murray aside, got an absolute doing. Our second string isn't good enough, basically. The positive was they at least tried to play expansive rugby, even though they continuously lose the ball in contact.

To be fair there has been a few positives from the tour, with Matt Scott looking really impressive.

With everyone fit we could have a set of backs of, weir, visser, Scott, Hogg, lamont, maitland which I think would be as exciting as anyone else in the 6 nations

Up front we do seem to lack depth in the front row, but we good options in the 2nd and back row

Anyone caught Samoa v Springboks?

Samoa doing a bit of bollock squeezing in the ruck which they got away with before Tuilangi cleaned someone out with a high tackle straight arm for a clear red. Then the final try was given by the TMO for SA despite the referee arsing up and blowing the whistle before the grounding of the ball.

I said to my mate earlier that the lions used their get out of jail free card but Scotland just committed daylight robbery. I know it is a weakened Scottish team but my god

they made hard work of that.

to be fair the italians spent the entire second half offside and were lucky to be leading at the end. thought we did enoigh to win and got a well deserved victory

to be fair the italians spent the entire second half offside and were lucky to be leading at the end. thought we did enoigh to win and got a well deserved victory

Having watched Leighton Hodges ref a lot of Glasgow games I'm not surprised The guy is clueless. I was shocked when I found out he was refereeing the game.

Even Bobby Skinstad was struggling to understand his decisions.

Was again impressed with Scott & Dunbar & was glad to see big Stroker get the wining try.

To be fair there has been a few positives from the tour, with Matt Scott looking really impressive.

With everyone fit we could have a set of backs of, weir, visser, Scott, Hogg, lamont, maitland which I think would be as exciting as anyone else in the 6 nations

Up front we do seem to lack depth in the front row, but we good options in the 2nd and back row

Trouble is, and I don't disagree, that Scott has nobody to play with in the centre. It's actually been a long time since we've had an effective centre partnership... Tait and Leslie with Townsend feeding them were probably the last two.

I forgot about the South African game, sounds quite funny.