Rugby Union

kiwififer

Fear the worst for tonight, I know that all the teams are affected by the world cup but with Glasgow having 21 players at the tourney at the start it was always going to be a struggle just to stay in touch near the top of the table in the first quarter of the season.

Glasgow have been well and truly shafted on this occasion, other leagues can postpone their games, why couldn't Pro12?

It's a strange one, you would have thought that the sponsors wouldn't want as many games to be played with all the best players in the league missing.

Good display by a very young Warriors team, unlucky not hold on for the win. So, get the players back from RWC, target a top 4 finish and beat Embra at Murrayfield in the final. Sounds like a plan to me...

:)

Just a thought, but knowing the amount of players that would be leaving on world cup duty, would it not have been worth trying to get Al Kellock to keep playing until the WC was over? Would have kept some experience in the team.

Well done NQ Cowboys in winning their first NRL Grand Final. Very close game 17-16. Jonathan Thurston won the Clive Churchill Medal for man of the match. He also kicked the winning field goal from about 20 metres out. Great final.

Just a thought, but knowing the amount of players that would be leaving on world cup duty, would it not have been worth trying to get Al Kellock to keep playing until the WC was over? Would have kept some experience in the team.

Maybe, but going out with title win is perhaps the best way to end a fitting career.

Surprised Clegg is leaving to go to France. I guess not being Scottish and Weir/Horne/Russell being back soon enough means no need for him.

As far as I know it is

Cheers, I was bored over the weekend and doing a bit of reading about various players.

Sekope Kepu was the one that had me asking the question.

Born in Sydney to Tongan parents, moved to Auckland at an early age and played for NZ age group sides.

Moves back to Australia at 22 and straight into the Wallabies squad.

Qualified for Australia by birth, Tonga by parentage and NZ by residency.

The rules are a shambles all over the place.

The main problem is tieing players down to one country, the current rules state you are only tie to a country if you have played for the senior team, or the next team under that. Some teams use the 'A' team to tie players in, others Under 19's, or the 7's team. Its the same in football where you have players playing for one country at youths then switching when they are older, however rugby is more prevalent as its the Unions that have the money and resources to go out and poach players to come over and play for 3 years to get them qualified. I dont think the SFA would have the ability to go out and sign up 4 or 5 brazilians or argentinians who weren't quite good enough to play for Brazil or Argentina, then tell Celtic or Rangers 'right you have these players for 3 years until they qualify for Scotland and you have to play them'

There are quite a few Brazilians playing for a few countries now but thats more down to Club first, country 2nd.