Rugby Union

kiwififer

19 hours ago, ajwffc said:
23 hours ago, scw1987 said:
Glasgow another three down, DTH with Canada, Niko and Dolokoto with Fiji.

3 of the 1st 4 players on my list.

:oops

Apologies, misread your post. Or completely failed to read or understand your post...

21 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Ritchie will fly out to Japan tomorrow. Brabury will remain in Japan for now.

Teams are limited to a 31 man training squad so Bradbury can't train with the rest of the players which is quite shite for him and surely he won't be hanging around for weeks waiting for someone to get injured.

I've no idea whether or not he can stay at the team hotel or not but I quite like the idea of big Magnus essentially starring in his Lost In Translation remake hanging out in a hotel in Tokyo.

Teams are limited to a 31 man training squad so Bradbury can't train with the rest of the players which is quite shite for him and surely he won't be hanging around for weeks waiting for someone to get injured.
I've no idea whether or not he can stay at the team hotel or not but I quite like the idea of big Magnus essentially starring in his Lost In Translation remake hanging out in a hotel in Tokyo.

Maybe he’ll do a James McFadden and skip the sport for a week of Ropponghi’s seedier nightspots.

The SRU have (rightly) taken a lot of stick for lots of things over the years, but we have always consistently offered fixtures, and cap internationals, to Tier 2 nations.

It's absolutely something we should be pointing out every time Tier 1 Nations as a whole are accused of failing to grow the game.

The SRU have (rightly) taken a lot of stick for lots of things over the years, but we have always consistently offered fixtures, and cap internationals, to Tier 2 nations.
It's absolutely something we should be pointing out every time Tier 1 Nations as a whole are accused of failing to grow the game.

Is that not because, for a while there, South Hemisphere teams didn’t want to play Scotland on tours of the UK?

France played a lot more Tier 2's up to pro era - as the played the Euro Cup every season, and there was a time that NZ wouldn't play 3 test tours against Scotland so we would only get 1 or 2 games against them and we filled in with Japan / Fiji to make up the trip. But also we have been to US / Canada, Argentina and Pacific a lot more than other countries.

However I think the last 4 years we have had a good balance to our tests

I did think it was dreadful that New Zealand have played Italy 14 times, yet have played Fiji / Tonga / Samoa combined only 18 and there near neighbours

Shamelessly stolen from the Tier 2 rugby forum, since the last world cup SCotland have a better than 50% record vs other T1 countries, and have actually played more Tier 2 countries than anyone else. Think thats a big improvement on the previous periods where we couldn't buy a win TIERS.jpg&key=092f766e3b7f90751efcc2d85885f24bbf1128a362b5bdc5e6838afb3ff1f15b
Great facts and figures. Cheers for posting.

France played a lot more Tier 2's up to pro era - as the played the Euro Cup every season, and there was a time that NZ wouldn't play 3 test tours against Scotland so we would only get 1 or 2 games against them and we filled in with Japan / Fiji to make up the trip. But also we have been to US / Canada, Argentina and Pacific a lot more than other countries.
However I think the last 4 years we have had a good balance to our tests

I did think it was dreadful that New Zealand have played Italy 14 times, yet have played Fiji / Tonga / Samoa combined only 18 and there near neighbours

There are myriad issues at play there.

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
21 hours ago, honestly united said:
If anyone is interested Glasgow v Ulster friendly is live here https://www.glasgowwarriors.org/fanzone/glasgow-warriors-v-ulster-live!
currently 14-12 up just before half time

What was final score?

Think it ended 36-33 ish to Glasgow. Very Glasgow performance in that as soon as we got the ball we scored, then Ulster would get possession and take and age scoring inching down the park. Some good performancies but its hard to read anything into these games as both sides used over 30 players (we used 3 9's during the game) and it was more about getting the new players (and there has been a lot over the 2 games) used to the style of play. Not a bad performance given that a lot of these guys wont have played at pro level before given they are academy players or just come over from the club game. I expect a big difference over in South Africa where I expect it will be the strongest team we can put out.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Great result for the Sea Eagles this weekend. Bring on the bunnies. 😀

Raiders did well in Melbourne and don’t think even die hard Eels fans would have expected them to beat the Broncos 58-0, a new record for a Finals series game.