Rugby Union

kiwififer

It has to be telling either the attack coach or Townsend they have no idea what they are doing, or their tactics are dreadful.

As much as Hastings has improved, Russell is the one player we cant afford to lose - we could cope with losing Nel, Gray, Watson, Price, Hogg etc  as we have decent cover, but this is a game changer

If he's breached protocol he gets punished. You can't punish the regular players and not the marquee players as that's when 2 tiers of favouritism start and that splits the dressing room.

However it wouldn't surprise me if there's been a fall out between Finn and Toony. Finn lost the plot at Toony in the Twickers dressing room at h/t last year and was proven right. 

However this is a perfect chance for Hastings to show what he's about as he's not a kid anymore, just like when Price stepped in for Laidlaw.

If we have a poor 6N though, I really hope that action's taken and this isn't used as an excuse.

If he's breached protocol he gets punished. You can't punish the regular players and not the marquee players as that's when 2 tiers of favouritism start and that splits the dressing room.
However it wouldn't surprise me if there's been a fall out between Finn and Toony. Finn lost the plot at Toony in the Twickers dressing room at h/t last year and was proven right. 
However this is a perfect chance for Hastings to show what he's about as he's not a kid anymore, just like when Price stepped in for Laidlaw.
If we have a poor 6N though, I really hope that action's taken and this isn't used as an excuse.

Losing the plot is exaggerating somewhat.

But Simon Zebo is vaguely hinting at something. “white chocolate” seems to be coda for whatever has happened.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 21/01/2020 at 18:45, honestly united said:

From me Scotland at least are a different beast under Townsend, and very much like him as a player can either be majestic or utterly frustrating. We went i think 2 years without losing at home, a Calcutta cup win, and then a draw that have been some of hte best performances every (or the 2nd game the worst and best half of rugby ever) we've beaten everyone except NZ. But we've also been dreadfull away from home, and had a poor World Cup, so think he needs a solid 6 nations or maybe time for a change

Not under Townsend we haven't. 

We haven't beaten South Africa, Ireland or Wales.  And as you pointed out our away record is dreadful, we ship on average 3 tries and 25 points a game, and we had a rubbish world cup after attacking the first game like rabbits caught in the headlights. 

And now our talisman and most important player has mysteriously been shipped out. 

We're (sometimes) fun to watch, but under Townsend we've become a frustratingly soft touch. And that never ends well in rugby. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Townsend frantically phoning Pete Horne and Duncan Weir. 

That just sent me scurrying around frantically to see if I can still cancel my Dublin trip. 

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

But Simon Zebo is vaguely hinting at something. “white chocolate” seems to be coda for whatever has happened.

Maybe you're right. Voiced his frustration is maybe a better phrase.

News just in is that he wasn't too responsible after a few beers in the hotel with the team the other night. He was offered to stay on and help prep the team but decided to go back to Racing.

Not under Townsend we haven't. 
We haven't beaten South Africa, Ireland or Wales.  And as you pointed out our away record is dreadful, we ship on average 3 tries and 25 points a game, and we had a rubbish world cup after attacking the first game like rabbits caught in the headlights. 
And now our talisman and most important player has mysteriously been shipped out. 
We're (sometimes) fun to watch, but under Townsend we've become a frustratingly soft touch. And that never ends well in rugby. 
We are a soft touch, but that's Scottish sporting mentality unfortunately, especially team sports.

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Simon Zebo is tweeting like a middle aged women with "Live, laugh, love" stenciled on her wall and a "keep calm and drink prosecco" tote bag. It'll be "Don't let the snakes get to you ***, we know the truth!!!" next.

Anyway, latest reports seem to be Finn decided to get steaming and act Billy big baws in the hotel on Sunday night, then spat the dummy when he got pulled up for it.

It's depressing the number of people I've seen online defending him, and it's such a Scottish attitude to accept such a lack of professionalism. The only one drinking, told to stop but refuses, missed training the next day because of it and then spits the dummy rather than supporting his team.

They were absolutely right to pull him up for this, and by the sounds of it they tried to do him a favour and keep it in-house and would presumably have just said he was injured for the Ireland game, he's obviously chosen to be an arse about it and is probably banking on us having a poor 6 Nations and Townsend getting punted so he can come back in.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

I wonder what role Hogg had in the decision with him being the new captain, or indeed if that had something to do with it and Russell wanting to try a and do something that would force them into a "him or me" type scenario. We know that ego is a big thing and with reports suggesting the other players were unhappy at him for carrying on drinking when everyone else had stopped are true I can't see the rest of the squad happy if he was to return even if Townsend leaves.