Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think if Glasgow can make it in to 2nd place in the table we'll be looking at a Glasgow v Leinster final.

With the recent form I'd fancy wins away at scarlets and Connacht and beating one of those sides again in the play off game.

Joubert has came out and said why he ran from the pitch at the RWC

"I had it in my mind somewhere that there had been an incident between the official and the England coaches [Andy Farrell and Graham Rowntree, for which they were later fined] in their match against Australia and I just didn't want any of that to happen, not because I don't understand the emotions of the moment for players and coaches, their desire for answers to questions, but just because I did not want that to become another possible incident. That was my thinking, not for myself but for the situation."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11623241

edit to add he is also one of the refs selected for Rio

http://officiating.worldrugby.org/?page=panels&id=27

Edited by ajwffc

Joubert has came out and said why he ran from the pitch at the RWC

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11623241

edit to add he is also one of the refs selected for Rio

http://officiating.worldrugby.org/?page=panels&id=27

That actually seems fairly reasonable to me.  Not sure he had to sprint off quite as melodramatically as that, but keeping his head low was sensible.

That actually seems fairly reasonable to me.  Not sure he had to sprint off quite as melodramatically as that, but keeping his head low was sensible.

I disagree. Running off because of a incident that involved coaches of a team that weren't even playing in the game in question? If that's a real issue, why don't all refs sprint from the field at the end of tight games? It's a bullshit excuse.

On the positive side, excellent to see Mike Adamson and Alex Pratt are going to Rio as refs. Adamson especially is a great ref, and hopefully he will get more exposure at 15s next season.

Watching Edinburgh, 30-20 down with a few minutes left and Leinster should have a player binned, or possibly even red carded. Penalty and no card. Yet another Irish hometown decision.

That was a shocking decision by the ref/TMO. 

That was a shocking decision by the ref/TMO. 

The fact that he didn't use his arms in the tackle was bad enough and probably warranted a yellow, but when you factor in how high he hit him then it must have been damn close to a red. How he wasn't carded at all is beyond me.

Good bonus point for Edinburgh in the end.

The fact that he didn't use his arms in the tackle was bad enough and probably warranted a yellow, but when you factor in how high he hit him then it must have been damn close to a red. How he wasn't carded at all is beyond me.

after watching a number of replays the ref and the TMO decided that he tried to use his arms and it was not that high. so not sure what they were looking at 

Disagree. They should have kicked to corner and gone for 2 bonus points. Munster will pip them now.

Mcfadden was red Imo. Ref shat it.

Glasgow should win this pro 12. Best team imo