Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

It's like Scotland under McLeish - the talent is there but the management, coaching, leadership and mentality on the pitch isn't. Soft and mentally weak.

Beating England keeping Townsend in a job.

Good news is less Scots are likely to be picked for the Lions. For me that is a positive as I can't stand the Lions.

I think that's 100% wrong. I think the failures entirely come from the players.

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Townsend picks the squad.  Is that the strongest bench available?  I’m not convinced. 

Townsend can't pick players that are injured, and there are no obvious names not in the matchday squad.

The lineout breakdown is fair but mentality collapsing against the Irish, the openness, the lack of structure when faced with aggressive opponents?

The coaches need to give the players the tools to change that. Leaving Turner on when having a horror show - entirely coaching.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

He could, maybe should, have changed Turner, but the other individual errors are definitely player-led rather than coaching.

Toonie was never the most consistent kicker, but hard to blame him for Finn almost putting a kick-off out on the full, and then kicking a penalty dead.

Finn putting the kick dead almost comes from the malfunctioning lineout though. He had to go as deep as possible because he knows we aren't taking the lineout. Best we can hope for is a bit if chaos in their line.