Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, Uncle Scan said:

France were by far better team when they went down to 14

They deserved their win what a lot of guff coming from that panel

Did they even show a replay of the Welsh cards?

Saying giving the sealing off was a brave decision is delusional as well. The braver decision was ignoring Tipuric sealing off before a tackle was on the ground two phases earlier. 

Maybe if they had Scotland's experience of excruciating narrow defeats they'd be more phlegmatic and have more respect for the team that won. Ten points down and a red card with about 15 minutes to go. Utterly magnificent.

Wales' discipline was excellent until the last 10 minutes of their tournament but as we've seen, in this tournament the margins are brutal.

Edited by GordonS

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Maybe if they had Scotland's experience of excruciating narrow wins they'd be more phlegmatic and have more respect for the team that won. Ten points down and a red card with about 15 minutes to go. Utterly magnificent.

Wales' discipline was excellent until the last 10 minutes of their tournament but as we've seen, in this tournament the margins are brutal.

Losses surely?!

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fun fact, one of the heroes of  the 1925 grand slam watched the 1984 grand slam game in my house. Unfortunately he was very old and incontinent and pished all over the couch.

I was at the game as an nine year old . I think the cushion took a few days to dry out.

Edited by Snobot

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Just realised, Owen Watkins misses that tap tackle on Duhan and we're going to Paris to win the Six Nations.

Fine margins.

Then after that Hogg is tackled off the ball by Liam Williams but the ref and TMO both miss it. 

We should have had a kick at goal to win.

8 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The more I see the Adams try the more mystified I become that the ref was sure it was touched down.

The more I see the French red card the more sure I am that Willemse is fucking stupid.

Long tradition of French forwards getting sent off due to f*ckwittery. 

And today’s score line probably puts some perspective on the Ireland game.

In my opinion, Steel is exactly what we need at 9 - smooth quick service, does the simple things really effectively and at pace. Price was always more effective coming into a game when the opposition was tiring and the game breaking up.

Obviously Huw Jones lost form for whatever reason over the last 2 years but you see today and last week he is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Johnson was excellent today but I’d love to see Redpath and Jones together.  

Skinner brought go forward and physicality and should definitely play v France.  Looking forward to it, with Finn back too.

Just now, Snobot said:

And today’s score line probably puts some perspective on the Ireland game.

In my opinion, Steel is exactly what we need at 9 - smooth quick service, does the simple things really effectively and at pace. Price was always more effective coming into a game when the opposition was tiring and the game breaking up.

Obviously Huw Jones lost form for whatever reason over the last 2 years but you see today and last week he is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Johnson was excellent today but I’d love to see Redpath and Jones together.  

Skinner brought go forward and physicality and should definitely play v France.  Looking forward to it, with Finn back too.

Since the start of 2020 who's been better for Scotland, Russell or Hastings?

It's so hard not to pick Finn but he needs to show us more. He went into this tournament as arguably a Lions test player and now I would rank him fourth for the shirt.

Just finished watching the game from pause.  Cheered so much when France went over at the end the dog won’t come back into the room.

Pearce did his best to hand that game to Wales by not carding them and awarding dubious tries.  Thank f**k he didn’t get away with it.

Never have a team deserved a grand slam less.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Since the start of 2020 who's been better for Scotland, Russell or Hastings?

It's so hard not to pick Finn but he needs to show us more. He went into this tournament as arguably a Lions test player and now I would rank him fourth for the shirt.

Finn has been better than Hastings.

I agree about the Lions. It will be Ford or Sexton. The Lions don't need a a creative playmaker at 10. Might as well pick my Lions team 

Sutherland George Fagerson Itoje Gray Curry Watson Faletau Davies Ford Adams Farrell Henshaw Williams Hogg.