Rugby Union

kiwififer

I know some people don't like the Lions, but the possibility of a back row of Tom Curry, Hamish Watson and Taulupe Faletau, with a back 3 of Louis Rees-Zammit, Anthony Watson and Stuart Hogg is something I definitely want to see.
I know some have said that Watson is too small a player for Gatland - but he has shown that mobility not size is the key factor for a back row. Even Gatland is not that stupid not to take Watson.

Hogg is a cert.

Personally, I'd take Russell because he is the wild card - the one who he can bring off the bench to change it up.

VDM - again offers something that no other winger in the 6 Nations has - he really is a brick shithouse of a player - and also, given the size of the SA wings, he really needs to be in the squad.

Gray - on ability alone should be on the plane - but an indifferent season by his standards not to mention injuries

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

May is fantastic in attack, but an absolute shambles in defence, and pretty poor against the high ball. Not exactly traits Gatland likes in general, but especially not heading to face South Africa. He got exposed badly by Kolbe in the RWC, and his defence hasn't improved. Josh Adams is a similar flashy in attack player, who's try scoring record masks the fact he's a bombscare in defence. He gets away with it because he usually has Jonathan Davies or George North inside him, and Halfpenny or Liam Williams covering.

Daly isn't a full back, hates playing there, and yet England still try to shoehorn him in for some reason. I actually like him as a player, but he's not that standard in that position.

Maitland is the most underrated back 3 player in the NH. There is a reason he was a starter in that dominant Sarries team over the last few years. His defence is excellent, he's great under the high ball, and he's a very good finisher. The fact that he's reasonably quick as opposed to electric is his only real weakness.

Keith Earls is an absolute c**t of a human being. I'd like him in my team though. Ireland and Munster are both different animals when he plays. He has that nastiness that you see in a great back row player

I think Adams is actually pretty good all round if a bit weaker in defence bit otherwise agree, especially on the Daly/Maitland/Earls.

Has Daly ever really had an opportunity at 13 for England? Earls is class. He's like if Liam Williams forgot how to give the occasional excellent bit of skill 

See if a maul is formed at a lineout, with a team in clear possession and the defending team collapse it, then it's a penalty. So how come if a maul is formed in open play as part of a tackle, the defensive team can drop it as soon as the ref calls maul and they get a scrum?

Edited by GAD

Adam Hastings getting withdrawal symptoms from being out of the stand too long.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

See if a maul is formed at a lineout, with a team in clear possession and the defending team collapse it, then it's a penalty. So how come if a maul is formed in open play as part of a tackle, the defensive team can drop it as soon as the ref calls maul and they get a scrum?

They can't. It's definitely not enforced as tightly as it is at the lineout.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Adam Hastings getting withdrawal symptoms from being out of the stand too long.

They can't. It's definitely not enforced as tightly as it is at the lineout.

Yeah, doesn't seem to be enforced at all to be honest. There was one there where Glasgow were going to push it over the line for a "held up" and the dragons players all collapsed.

I thought he grounded it short, then it was grounded again on the touch in goal line, like last night's, so even if he hadn't knocked it on, it was a really tight call.
Couldn't have complained if it had been given, but the ball did squirt sideways a bit after he hit the ground.