Rugby Union

kiwififer

Im not a fan of Tuipolotu at 12, hardly if ever plays there for Glasgow, and hasnt had one good game there for Scotland (form and game time anyone) but unless they go with McDowall there isnt much choice.

Full back is looking like an issue, when does McKay become Scottish? Smith can be hit or miss, I would probably prefer to see kinghorn there as he is a decent fullback

Australia have 5 domestic teams to pick from. We've only got 2. I think that'll be shown in the score. However I'm not bothered as our big games are vs Fiji, NZ and Argentina imo. This game was probably added to get cash into the SRU post pandemic. Scotland team is announced at 2:30pm...

Screenshot_2022-10-27-14-04-25-31_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Im not a fan of Tuipolotu at 12, hardly if ever plays there for Glasgow, and hasnt had one good game there for Scotland (form and game time anyone) but unless they go with McDowall there isnt much choice.

Full back is looking like an issue, when does McKay become Scottish? Smith can be hit or miss, I would probably prefer to see kinghorn there as he is a decent fullback

depends on what version of the residency rules cover him so it is either autumn 2024 or 2026. I think he just makes it under the old 3 year one 

23 hours ago, Detournement said:

Prediction for the first AI. 

Schoeman Cherry Zander Cummings Gilchrist Ritchie Watson Matt F Price Kinghorn Duhan Tuipulotu Bennett Steyn Graham.

Turner Bhatti WP Skinner Dempsey Horne Thompson Hoyland

not far off 

Scotland: Ollie Smith, Darcy Graham, Mark Bennett, Sione Tuipulotu, Duhan van der Merwe, Blair Kinghorn, Ali Price; Pierre Schoeman, Dave Cherry, Zander Fagerson, Sam Skinner, Grant Gilchrist, Jamie Ritchie (capt), Hamish Watson, Matt Fagerson.

Replacements: George Turner, Jamie Bhatti, WP Nel, Glen Young, Jack Dempsey, George Horne, Ross Thompson, Damien Hoyland.

2 hours ago, ajwffc said:

not far off 

Cummings out with a broken toe. Skinner is better anyway. Leaving Glen Young out the squad then calling him up rather than putting Richie Gray on the bench is classic Toony. As I always say he never picks the strongest squad, he picks guys to do predetermined roles and some of those roles don't involve playing. 

I went with Darcy Graham at 15 as I don't rate Smith and long term we need cover for Hogg and a replacement eventually. To be fair to Toony Darcy is the form winger in Europe so playing him on the wing makes sense and Smith is a physical defender which will be handy against a big Aussie backline. 

Edited by Detournement

Strong pack, slightly iffy backline. Was hoping Cummings would get an opportunity to find some form at Scotland level again but still pretty strong. Very funny that Young has been brought straight in over one of the bag carriers.

Re @Detournement's point on needing a long term Hogg replacement, how are Forbes and McKay (appreciate there's a few years to go for him to be eligible) going at Glasgow? I've not been able to watch more than a couple of pro club games in full this year

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Strong pack, slightly iffy backline. Was hoping Cummings would get an opportunity to find some form at Scotland level again but still pretty strong. Very funny that Young has been brought straight in over one of the bag carriers.

Re @Detournement's point on needing a long term Hogg replacement, how are Forbes and McKay (appreciate there's a few years to go for him to be eligible) going at Glasgow? I've not been able to watch more than a couple of pro club games in full this year

Forbes is OK, I would maybe say better than Smith at this point, and I thought he looked good in the first few games for Glasgow, but McKay has started the last couple of games and I would say its a noticeable upgrade when he plays. I would say Forbes - really good pro player, but McKay international class. Not to say he is better than Hogg, just he wouldnt look out of place (ie not a liability like some others) playing 15 for Scotland.