Rugby Union

kiwififer

42 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Enjoying twitter today.

Some tremendous mental gymnastics as to why the number of non-Scottish born players in our team is a disgrace, but the non-English born players that they have are absolutely fine

Being born in Scotland isn't even enough for some of them. 

I was actually quite sad today to find out Ange Capuzzo doesn't fit the divorced English rugby dad's definition of Italian. He now has to be called the Frenchman accompanied by a shit joke about how he "DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SPAGHETTI IS!!!"

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Being born in Scotland isn't even enough for some of them. 

I was actually quite sad today to find out Ange Capuzzo doesn't fit the divorced English rugby dad's definition of Italian. He now has to be called the Frenchman accompanied by a shit joke about how he "DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SPAGHETTI IS!!!"

I especially enjoy the fact that they suddenly had to find Manu Tuilagi a passport when they realised he was living in the country illegally, and about to be deported

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The RFU have been getting an extremely mixed reaction to their message about reducing the tackle height to below the waist as that supposedly gives the most protection to the tacklers head and neck area. Aye right. 

Funny thing is, Freddie Steward was absolutely shite. Sometimes I think people don't appreciate how hard it is to tackle one on one in open field, but Steward didn't actually make any of them. His efforts on both White and DVM were pathetic and anything but "hard". For a guy who was being touted as the best fullback in the world he's pretty shite.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Funny thing is, Freddie Steward was absolutely shite. Sometimes I think people don't appreciate how hard it is to tackle one on one in open field, but Steward didn't actually make any of them. His efforts on both White and DVM were pathetic and anything but "hard". For a guy who was being touted as the best fullback in the world he's pretty shite.

No argument there. Just making the point that imo you are more likely to get a knee to the head or something the lower that you try to tackle someone. 

Fair play to Italy, if it hadn't been for the suicidal plays on their own line and their horrendous scrum half who is having an absolute nightmare they could easily be winning here. 

They do remind me a bit of Scotland around 2016/17, can see how good they can be and what they are trying to do, but errors will kill them in the end.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

No argument there. Just making the point that imo you are more likely to get a knee to the head or something the lower that you try to tackle someone. 

Yeah, sorry, your point is correct, I just ignored it there and had a rant of my own instead!