Rugby Union

kiwififer

Great win for Scotland.

Wales were a bunch of arseholes, epitomised by the tip tackle at the end

Just now, GAD said:

Turned it back on. Really enjoying how fucking sick the two commentators are. The Welsh team are actually a fucking disgrace, really enjoyable win.

The co-commentator was awful. Every time the ref gave a penalty, she claimed it was for a different offence to the one he had clearly described on the field

Just now, GAD said:

Turned it back on. Really enjoying how fucking sick the two commentators are. The Welsh team are actually a fucking disgrace, really enjoyable win.

Considering how badly Scotland kicked, that could easily have been a 15 or 20 point win.  

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Considering how badly Scotland kicked, that could easily have been a 15 or 20 point win.  

The kicking was spectacularly bad, wasn't it? The wee scrum half who started actually hit a good one from about 30-40 meters in the first half, but the general kicking, both from the tee and from hand was pretty poor throughout. Some of the penalties to touch were lucky if the went 15 meters, and that was with the wind behind them. I knew the wind was behind them in the first half as the commentator mentioned it every 30 seconds.

I do feel there is an element of truth in what Biggar says, they've beaten us almost constantly the last 15 years, and yet we're talking scotland up as favourites, we haven't won our opening 2 since the 5 nations. On paper we have the better team but it rarely transpires that way against Wales.

That said, shut the daffodil wearing, delilah singing, West England up today Scotland!

Possibly too up for this.

1 hour ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

I do feel there is an element of truth in what Biggar says, they've beaten us almost constantly the last 15 years, and yet we're talking scotland up as favourites, we haven't won our opening 2 since the 5 nations. On paper we have the better team but it rarely transpires that way against Wales.

That said, shut the daffodil wearing, delilah singing, West England up today Scotland!

Possibly too up for this.

We've never beaten Wales with Gatland in charge, and when you add in that we haven't won our first two games since 1996 then today gives me the fear. 

On 06/02/2023 at 14:12, honestly united said:

Yeah think I posted this before. Its made worse by the way the teams are split for quarters and semis, one from Eng, Wal, Aus, Arg, Fiji or Jap will make the final, currently Eng are highest ranked at 6th, with the top 5 teams fighting over the other place

I don’t think it actually works like that. The semi final lineups are C1/D2 v B1/A2 and D1/C2 v A1/B2

If all the games go to ranking then the semi finals are Ireland v Australia and England v France (South Africa and NZ out in the quarters) 

I kinda get what Biggar is saying (although of course it's just sub par Fergie style mind games) but I can't remember anyone saying we were the best team in the tournament, I can't remember anyone not giving Wales credit for winning multiple Grand Slams, Triple Crowns or 6 Nations titles and nobody is expecting Wales just to come up and have their tummies tickled. Kind of defeats his argument really. If he'd just said that the pressure was on us after last week, that Wales were poor but want to show that they are better than that, and that Scotland are very inconsistent he might have had a point. Tl;Dr - aye, he's a fud.

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Hands up if you like Dan Biggar?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64594064

If Biggar thinks Wales should be getting the praise Scotland are, then he should maybe try winning more than 3 of their last 13 games and not just rolling over at home like they did last week.

Wales and Ireland seem to love putting out barbs about how Scotland are always claiming to be this fantastic team but it’s not something I’ve ever actually heard anyone Scottish say.