Rugby Union

kiwififer

37 minutes ago, Snobot said:

I can’t remember what the Lions are like but you’d fancy us against anyone at home right now.

We lost to them over there last month in a really scrappy performance, and without all the Scotland boys.

Like you, I'd expect us to be pretty strong at home this time

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

We lost to them over there last month in a really scrappy performance, and without all the Scotland boys.

Like you, I'd expect us to be pretty strong at home this time

I remember now. It was comically bad, optional tackling all round, but we still kind of stayed in touch with them. They are pretty dangerous from anywhere on the pitch. 

Some finish to the Exeter-Montpellier game. Montpellier go 18 phases from their own 22 to the Exeter 22, then drop it, then win a penalty back.

Garbisi has a chance to level the scores and go to extra time

ETA: and he nails it, despite the fact he was arguing over whether they should go for goal or not!

Edited by Mark Connolly

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Some finish to the Exeter-Montpellier game. Montpellier go 18 phases from their own 22 to the Exeter 22, then drop it, then win a penalty back.

Garbisi has a chance to level the scores and go to extra time

ETA: and he nails it, despite the fact he was arguing over whether they should go for goal or not!

It's been some effort all in from Montpellier as they haven't had any rub of the green with the ref either, particularly the TMO who has forensically examined everything they have done. I'm normally one for a red card for head contact, but the Mercer one is really, really soft.

I think the Montpellier coach should have let them go for it, I can't see them winning extra time, they are barely walking.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

There's yer Sarries-Ospreys ref got the call from EPCR that it's a bit tight.

Nonsense yellow card that would never have been given the other way

I was just coming on to say the same thing, there has obviously been a note gone out to get the English teams through today.

When Glasgow play like that they are a joy to watch. Some of the defense needs tightened up when the serious stuff starts but our backs play is unreal at the moment whether its Tuipoltu Jones, Jonson McDowall. We've got loads of options across the 15 now that some big players are going to be benching at some point