Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Townsend almost trying to deflect the blame on “the penalties” and not our discipline. At least Russell fronted it 

Thought the referee was excellent, and arguably lenient on Scotland.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Thought the referee was excellent, and arguably lenient on Scotland.  

Not one comment against the referee on this thread. He must have been outstanding 

I thought the linesman definitely shat the bed before Wales 1st try.

The penalty kick into touch look VERY close to being dead and VDM thought so too. He was clearly not happy with the linesman.

Apart from that, we got away with a conversation 2 points when the ref might have gave a penalty try under the posts and there could easily have been 2 more yellows with players being offside all the time

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Not one comment against the referee on this thread. He must have been outstanding 

Ben O’Keefe normally is.  Couple of calls you could query but his handling of the two head shots in the first half was excellent.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Ben O’Keefe normally is.  Couple of calls you could query but his handling of the two head shots in the first half was excellent.

Definitely, too many refs are easily swayed by the TMO even asking them to look at something. Quite happy to see him decide quickly that not every bit of head contact is due to foul play.

The last half hour was a shambles, lost all control and composure after the first yellow card and never got it back.

It's a good point on the ref, usually the refs get slaughtered on here, do you'd expect a ref giving 14:pens in a row against us would get pelters, but he was fine, we just shat the bed.

Still, in the cold light of day, I'll take the actual victory over the moral one. Let Wales bask in the glory of only losing a wee bit, we've done it plenty of times and know it amounts to nothing.

22 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's a good point on the ref, usually the refs get slaughtered on here, do you'd expect a ref giving 14:pens in a row against us would get pelters, but he was fine, we just shat the bed.

Still, in the cold light of day, I'll take the actual victory over the moral one. Let Wales bask in the glory of only losing a wee bit, we've done it plenty of times and know it amounts to nothing.

Only complaint would be that we were pinged for several offsides when other countries seem to have players almost permanently offside but get away with it.

Game management in the second half was deplorable, complete opposite of how in control Scotland were before half time.

52 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Only complaint would be that we were pinged for several offsides when other countries seem to have players almost permanently offside but get away with it.

Game management in the second half was deplorable, complete opposite of how in control Scotland were before half time.

I think we forced his hand with the offsides. Every rugby teams usually has players offside, it's up to the ref to decide whether they are taking advantage of it or just incidentally offside. Rugby refs are given the chance to allow a game to flow, but they need to stop teams taking the piss. I get the feeling we were taking the piss too much for him and he gave us plenty of warning. We could have ended up with 12 men on the pitch if it was another ref. 

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I know what you mean, but that's not BOK's fault, that's other refs being weak. In all honesty, I thought it was almost refreshing seeing a ref just give penalties correctly. Under another ref we could have easily been down to 12 as Spyro says, although I personally think some other refs would have shat out of giving a few of them as they'd have been so aware they were giving them all one way.

Funny game though, the pre match predictions were either us blowing them away early or getting dragged into an error strewn shit fest where we gave away hundreds of penalties and Reffell absolutely murdered us at the breakdown. Actually everyone was correct.

I walked into the pub after the fitba at 27-0 so thought I was a bloody jinx for a while.

Scotland teams in the past would have lost that so I’ll settle for nearly totally shitting the bed and still winning there for the first time in twenty odd years. 

At least the players can’t get carried away after the unacceptable second half.

Its just annoying DVM didn’t get the ball touched down at the end for the bonus point.  And for our points/goal difference.

Anyway I’m not sure my heart can take many more games like that.

Looks like Ritchie Gray will miss the rest of the tournament which is a blow.

Gilchrist will be back next weekend but I'm tempted to hope that the starting 2nd row is Skinner (he can play 2nd and back row) and Cummings. I just feel that discipline needs to be far better next weekend but am I the only one who thinks that Gilchrist gives away far too many penalties?

20 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Looks like Ritchie Gray will miss the rest of the tournament which is a blow.

Gilchrist will be back next weekend but I'm tempted to hope that the starting 2nd row is Skinner (he can play 2nd and back row) and Cummings. I just feel that discipline needs to be far better next weekend but am I the only one who thinks that Gilchrist gives away far too many penalties?

Did you not think Skinner was terrible when he came on though? I thought he was one of the guys who completely lost it and was a total liability.

Ritchie, after having the captaincy stripped off him then did nothing to demonstrate why he even deserves to start. Hopefully Darge can start next weekend.

Also a little frustrating that Kinghorn and Graham aren't fit for France, as offensively we looked dangerous everytime we had fast ball in that first half. 

We seem to lack real leaders in the pack, as I can't see other countries allowing their forwards to get pinged repeatedly like that and not either query the ref, or change tact.