Rugby Union

kiwififer

34 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Made the most tackles today as per usual. Just another day for him.

Agree that is one of the key components of his game . He is coming in to his own and as well as his tackling prowess he is composed and travels with the ball well .

England may have underestimated France today. I doubt they will make that mistake again this tournament.

The biggest moan on Facebook at the moment is about the injuries they had and the lineout for the 3rd try not straight

Also that traffic meant they arrived 7 mins too late, just a whole 1.23 mins pre kick off.... not 1.30.

Arseholes.

Incidentally sexton wouldn't have lasted 20 mins in that intensity and Jackson was probably their best player

Any mention of wp nel being injured?

Oh and by the way lineout wasn't straight! GIRFUT

17 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

He should but bear in mind that Gatland loves the overrated Leigh Halfpenny. Even though Hogg is better than him.

He does, but even he surely can't overlook the form Hogg is in and has been in for the last 2 years. I would say Halfpenny isn't even the best fullback in the Welsh side at the moment. They're moving Williams out to the wing to accommodate him.

17 hours ago, dogmc said:

Thought a lot of probs in 2nd half were him reverting to slow service again. He was magnificent in 1st half buy slowed everything down in 2nd. Tbf I don't rate Murray that highly either too easy to get into his head. Overall good to see it out but should have been lot more comfortable. Watson was outstanding in 1st half n was a big miss tho barclay also played well. Hogg was world class and maitland saved the match for us. Poite can no more ref scrums than I can ballet dance. Clueless. Bloody good scalp tho n hope we build on it next week.

That's his problem obviously. But there are no stand out no 9s other than Murray. Webb, Youngs, Care and Laidlaw would all be a back up, might as well take Laidlaw knowing that his leadership and kicking skills could make a massive difference. 

Correct about Maitland, that was absolutely world class and definitely won us that. Everyone was talking about Seymour being a potential Lion (including myself), but he's emerged as a contender too. Gatland likes him as well.

3 minutes ago, SteveThePirate said:

He does, but even he surely can't overlook the form Hogg is in and has been in for the last 2 years. I would say Halfpenny isn't even the best fullback in the Welsh side at the moment. They're moving Williams out to the wing to accommodate him.

Hogg is better overall but as I say, Gatland loves Halfpenny. I suspect that if Hogg played in France, he'd start over Halfpenny. Thankfully he doesn't play in France though.

Sergio Parisse wonder-try today please.

I realise there may have been an issue with complacency, but if France can give England that close a game then so can we.

Was thinking that myself to be fair, France are utterly chronic and usually their arses collapse when they play at Twickenham.

And it's been a long time since England have given us a proper battering, even at their gaff I don't recall it being 15+ since 2009 ish.

21 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The bit I couldn't understand with the lineout is that the Irish must surely have seen Dunbar there and thought "ah look, they've put a back in the lineout", then just left him standing there himself. emoji23.png

There were 2 in. Seymour was in front of him.