Rugby Union

kiwififer

Absolutely brilliant stuff from us yesterday.  It was like winning 2 games...pumping Ireland B in the first half then beating Ireland A in the last 10 minutes.

When we lost our own lineout on our 22 in the 69th minute I thought we'd shat the bed and the 7 minutes from Laidlaw's 1st penalty to his second were about as tense as I can ever recall.  

I reckon Johnny Gray wasn't far off Hogg as MotM contender and must surely be in with a shout for a Lions place.  He's developed a lot over the past 2 years and him and Richie give us a brilliant engine room.

Have just got round to watching the game. The Irish scrum had the advantage due to them pushing early ( this stopped after it was pointed out to the ref) and the flanker going in at an angle. The line out for our 3rd try was a well worked move the 3rd Irish try looked like a double movement to me (pushed himself forwards with his knee then reached out). I was surprised with the number of high hits the Irish got away with

20 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I've no idea why but I find the Welsh the most irritating team, commentators and fans in rugby.

The reason why could be that they're an arrogant, bitter shower of cheats who really can't take losing or give any credit to any opponents when they're well beaten, but I'm merely speculating.

34 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Glasgow sign Huw Jones on a two year deal starting in the summer.

Pleasing.

Edited by Dunning1874