Rugby Union

kiwififer

That was the stuff of nightmares. Everything that could go wrong today went really fucking wrong.

I still think that England side are vastly over hyped, but fair play, they absolutely made us look like amateurs. However, I have a small bit of sympathy and "woe us" for the injuries to Hogg, Bennett, Seymour and the rest. We're now missing close to half our first choice starting side heading into the final game with Italy. Who knows how different it would have been if Laidlaw, Nel, Dickenson, Strauss, Maitland etc had all been available. 

IMO this is a clear example as any that you can get so fired up for a game, you end up losing before a ball is kicked. Brown getting binned put us under immediate pressure and the Scottish arse collapse syndrome followed. I'm dying for us to pump England just as much as the next person, but we need to stop approaching it like it's life and death. It hurts us more than them.

The fact we scored 3 tries today despite being ridden raw shows how competitive this match could have been if we'd kept clearer heads.

Edited by Leggy Blonde

That was the stuff of nightmares. Everything that could go wrong today went really fucking wrong.

I still think that England side are vastly over hyped, but fair play, they absolutely made us look like amateurs. However, I have a small bit of sympathy and "woe us" for the injuries to Hogg, Bennett, Seymour and the rest. We're now missing close to half our first choice starting side heading into the final game with Italy. Who knows how different it would have been if Laidlaw, Nel, Dickenson, Strauss, Maitland etc had all been available. 

IMO this is a clear example as any that you can get so fired up for a game, you end up losing before a ball is kicked. Brown getting binned put us under immediate pressure and the Scottish arse collapse syndrome followed. I'm dying for us to pump England just as much as the next person, but we need to stop approaching it like it's life and death. It hurts us more than them.

The fact we scored 3 tries today despite being ridden raw shows how competitive this match could have been if we'd kept clearer heads.

This

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

Do punters actually care about this non-event sport? yXAbrOQ.png

If it was on in the back garden, I'd shut the curtains.

If Strachan's silly crew were playing in my back garden I'd shut the curtains too.

Re your earlier post, even though I'm a rugby fan I didn't vote 'no' nor am I posho. You've made yourself come across as a bit daft tbh. Go back to Hampden lol.

Edited by come on shire

Just to round off the bad news for fellow Warriors fans:

Mind the Ulster v Zebre game postponed due to poor weather? Well that was replayed on Sat evening. Needless to say it was a comfy bonus point win for Ulster.

Edited by come on shire

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I thought he was from Tranent?

Maybe he is. Is he the £9 an hour high roller or the astrophysicist, or are they the same person? It's hard to keep up.

19 hours ago, Leggy Blonde said:

Good post, LB.  24 hours on, though, and I'm still sore about it.  I didn't expect us to win but was sure we'd run them close and would see a competitive match.  What I didn't expect, though, was for the game to be a bogey after a minute and a half.

If I hadn't had guests I'd have turned the telly off and ironed my shirts for the week.

Appreciate that England have a much bigger playing pool than Scotland... but we always seem so slight in comparison. Surely our blokes could be a bit bigger?

Our pack is only 4kg light than theirs. Our backline probably matches up pretty well too. Think we just looked lightweight because our tackling and defence was so shambolic.

Appreciate that England have a much bigger playing pool than Scotland... but we always seem so slight in comparison. Surely our blokes could be a bit bigger?

It's in the back row forwards that the real discrepancy was.

England's back row are practically the same size as their locks.

Eddie Jones clearly favouring power while Cotter has been looking for mobility

Bennett is our for the Italy game. Hogg, Seymour and Wilson will need to pass HIA protocols to be available. Jones and Russell require knee scans and Richie Gray requires a scan to his hamstring. They don't think Taylor will be fit intime but Mainland is fit to play.