Rugby Union

kiwififer

Decent draw for Glasgow Warriors, especially when you look at the like of Pool 5, where the 4 teams have 9 Euro wins between them.

Also confirmed that Edinburgh will host both the Champions and Challenge cup finals in 2017.

post-24957-14345494309152_thumb.jpg

Edited by peasy23

On first look I was well pee'd of getting Northampton & Racing which will be tough away and home (Scarlets should be 2 wins), then looked at the other groups and apart from group 2, this is the easiest group. I would see us topping group 2 with the Ospreys, Exeter and Bordeaux, but any of the other groups I couldn't see us finishing 2nd with enough points to get into the quarters never mind win. With Ulster / Tolouse, Munster / Leicester, Toloun / Lenster / Wasps you wouldn't expect to win away from home so would but tough to get through.

Would have liked to have got Wasp's from a selfish point of view so that I could get to a game for a change, although hopefully Northampton have finished there new stand so there might be a chance of a ticket for that. Might just have to make do with getting to see Toloun instead

Game 2 is being played at the MCG on Wednesday. Big loss for QLD as Cooper Cronk buggered his knee playing for the Storm and Daly Cherry-Evans replaces him. This is only change to QLD squad. NSW have selected Paul Gallen & Brett Morris to replace Andrew Fifita & Daniel Tupou. This might be the most open game given the neutral venue but think QLD will make it 2-0.

Enjoyed game 2. Was a good game of rugby with some brilliant tries. I was rooting for the Blues but Greg Inglis is some boy. His disallowed effort was spectacular. I thought the amount of penalties NSW were giving away would cost them but they did well and QLD were never really on top in the 2nd half. Is Cronk missing for the 3rd test? Thought Jennings and Dugan (again) played great for NSW.

3rd test is difficult to call but since it's in Brisbane I'm going to predict a QLD win.

Enjoyed game 2. Was a good game of rugby with some brilliant tries. I was rooting for the Blues but Greg Inglis is some boy. His disallowed effort was spectacular. I thought the amount of penalties NSW were giving away would cost them but they did well and QLD were never really on top in the 2nd half. Is Cronk missing for the 3rd test? Thought Jennings and Dugan (again) played great for NSW.

3rd test is difficult to call but since it's in Brisbane I'm going to predict a QLD win.

Much better game than game 1 and a State of Origin record crowd 91,513. Cooper Cronk hopes to be back for Game 3 but NSW's Paul Gallen might be in doubt according to some reports. Amazing in a game with 2 refs, 2 touch judges and a video ref that they can still f**k things up but this happens almost every week in the NRL.

Much better game than game 1 and a State of Origin record crowd 91,513. Cooper Cronk hopes to be back for Game 3 but NSW's Paul Gallen might be in doubt according to some reports. Amazing in a game with 2 refs, 2 touch judges and a video ref that they can still f**k things up but this happens almost every week in the NRL.

There was nothing wrong with the NSW try (disallowed for forward pass) or GIs. NRL continually proves that video technology does not always give the correct decision.

There was nothing wrong with the NSW try (disallowed for forward pass) or GIs. NRL continually proves that video technology does not always give the correct decision.

Looks like Billy Slater will be missing from Game 3 and also the rest of the season.

Absolutely.

It's even worse in Super League - both the decision making process and the decisions themselves.

From what I have seen in games on the TV (pro 12 and Top 14 mainly) that the quality of the TB feed or the lack of angles is making it a lot harder on the TMO and the ref.

• 2 weeks later...

the refs have been announced for the pool games at the RWC.

Game 1 v Japan

Ref - John Lacey

Assistants - George Clancy + Marius Mitera

Game 2 v USA

Ref - Chris Pollock

Assistants - John Lacey + Mike Fraser

Game 3 v South Africa

Ref - Nigel Owens

Assistants - Chris Pollock + Leighton Hodges

Game 4 v Samoa

Ref - Jaco Peyper

Assistants - JP Doyle + Marius Mitera

full list

http://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/test/worldrugby/document/2015/07/01/abeb1a50-dbb9-4cab-8c0b-31bfb4b54aaf/150701_RWC_15_MO_APPOINTMENTS_MATRIX_KB.pdf

Since he agreed to move to Glasgow (was originally going to be Edinburgh) we have had stories of him going to bide his time to play for Scotland go and play for Fiji and still come to Scotland at the RWC and now this.

Super Rugby final just about to start.

Mon the Highlanders.

Game being played at an amazing pace and great penalty kick from almost the halfway line to put the Highlanders 6-0 up. Thank f**k the Canes just knocked on.

Game being played at an amazing pace and great penalty kick from almost the halfway line to put the Highlanders 6-0 up. Thank f**k the Canes just knocked on.

The pace has been absolutely unbelievable so far, be interesting to see if they can keep up but I guess thats why the Highlanders have named 6 forwards on the bench.

Huge moment right before half time, Highlanders edge ahead.