Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 hours ago, ajwffc said:

It will be more than likely be down to money. And not sure how much say we have but if we kicked up to much fuss we would get the shitest sides during the autumn internationals

Sent from my F5321 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I thought it was just because we hadn't actually been very good for the past while. I thought we were back on it from this summer onwards? Could be wrong.

Dave Denton... ridiculously cheap line-out given away, followed in short order by a daft penalty for 3 points. Number 8 is one of the more open slots in the first choice XV and he's not doing himself any favours so far.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why do Scotland never play 3 summer test series against SA, Oz or NZ?

We're poor box office for them. The southern unions aren't rich, they generate a lot of their cash from these matches and their fans will come out more for England, France, Wales and Ireland than for us. We used to get these opportunities but we got too many hidings. To change that we'll need to do something like win the 6 Nations.

11 hours ago, come on shire said:

SA v England will be interesting. SA rugby in a bit of upheaval but at home. England have lost their last 4 (if u include the Barbarians game). If it becomes 5 defeats it'll be safe to say that the chariot's fell to pieces never mind just the wheels falling off.

26 wins in 27 tests before Scotland humped them at Murrayfield. They've lost every match since.

I think we broke them.