Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Presumably Edinburgh’s home game is at little Murrayfield but the neutral one is at Big Murrayfield

I would find it easier to feel sorry for Glaswegians if I had never been to matches against the Old Firm at the “neutral” venue of Hampden

No because it's not built yet. Plus Edinburgh are using the big pitch for the foreseeable. 

It's more like going to Hampden to play Queens Park.

Glasgow fans being milked whilst Edinburgh fans get cheap tickets and marquee signings....

I doubt they will give a stuff but SRU and to an extent Glasgow seem to have lost a lot of goodwill with the Glasgow support.

As a season ticket and Scotland pass holder I’d love to hear Mr Brombys opinion on some or any of the following,

1. Why the disparity of season ticket prices between clubs?

2. Why are the SRU dictating where Pro14 games are being played?

3. Why are Glasgow supporters being offered a ticket to an away game and not a prorata discounted ticket reflective of the number of games being played?

4. What plans do SRU have to bank roll a new stadium for Glasgow?

8 minutes ago, ddfg said:

I doubt they will give a stuff but SRU and to an extent Glasgow seem to have lost a lot of goodwill with the Glasgow support.

As a season ticket and Scotland pass holder I’d love to hear Mr Brombys opinion on some or any of the following,

1. Why the disparity of season ticket prices between clubs?

2. Why are the SRU dictating where Pro14 games are being played?

3. Why are Glasgow supporters being offered a ticket to an away game and not a prorata discounted ticket reflective of the number of games being played?

4. What plans do SRU have to bank roll a new stadium for Glasgow?

1. Cause Glasgow sell out, people will renew out of fear of losing seats next to mates.  Therefore they are milking the cash cow, sorry extracting maximum value to make sure we have enough cash to compete against big teams in Europe.  

2. Well they own both clubs and the league share. 

3. Are Glasgow ST holders being offered a ticket to the 1872? Is it not just priority in a pre sale.  

4. Talk of going to 12k but seemed a sop thrown in when Edinburgh was launching. Personally I think leaving Scotstoun may be only answer.

Hope the Warriors fans organise a boycott of Silver Saturday. Would send a powerful message. 

The main issue is Glasgow being at a disadvantage by losing a home game.  If it comes down to the final fixture with both clubs needing to win to determine 1/2/3/4 it's going to be extremely awkward for the SRU.

It's also a sore one for the fans as they are losing a fixture which is guaranteed to be competetive and falls outside the international release and rest periods.

In Super Rugby the Rebels defeated the Blues 20-10 at Eden Park, Auckland today. This is the first win by an Australian side in NZ for 3 years. The Blues are not very good this year. It’s also the first time the Blues have lost to an Australian side at Eden Park since the Brumbies beat them in May 2013. The Bl

South Africa are mince
South Africa a wee bit on the keech side
I put it off at half time as it looked like Wales were going to win by a mile, surprised to get up this morning and see there was only 2 points in it at the end up, and the Boks had came back to lead the game.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Are they not seperated?

Well you can draw a team from your own league but I think you might be right that teams from the Guinness Pro14 can't draw each other in the pools.

I'm looking forward to the draw for a change.  Since we won the conference and got a home s/f, I'm assuming that we'll be in the top seeds and avoid Leinster and Munster. The Cheetahs don't compete in Europe and Scarlets should be in the top seeds too.  In England, Saracens beat Exeter in the final so I'd assume we'll avoid them.  Montpellier beat Castres in the Top 14 final so I'd hope to avoid them too.  I'd like another trip to Bath actually.