Rugby Union

kiwififer

What annoys me about Wales is that they will probably do well yet if you look at their players, these are the guys who are getting pumped week in week out in Pro 14. I don't rate them

Wales: Liam Williams (Saracens); George North (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Josh Adams (Worcester); Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter), Adam Beard (Ospreys), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, captain), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Dragons).

DyJYjuoXgAEgXnt.jpg

The French pack looks strong but the backs look a bit thrown together. Ntamack is going to be a big star. Medard at full back is strange considering Thomas Ramos starts at 15 for Toulouse.

Edit - Just seen that this is only Lopez and Parra's second start together for France. Shows how unlucky they have been with injuries.

Edited by Detournement

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What annoys me about Wales is that they will probably do well yet if you look at their players, these are the guys who are getting pumped week in week out in Pro 14. I don't rate them

Wales: Liam Williams (Saracens); George North (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Josh Adams (Worcester); Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter), Adam Beard (Ospreys), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, captain), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Dragons).

There's a lot of John Laceys in that group.

20 hours ago, Detournement said:

DyJYjuoXgAEgXnt.jpg

The French pack looks strong but the backs look a bit thrown together. Ntamack is going to be a big star. Medard at full back is strange considering Thomas Ramos starts at 15 for Toulouse.

Edit - Just seen that this is only Lopez and Parra's second start together for France. Shows how unlucky they have been with injuries.

Christ, is that Ntmack the son of the guy who played at the start of the 2000s?  I'm getting old.    Those backs look like they'll either destroy Wales or they'll keep knocking on without being tackled and lose by about twenty points.

If you really want to know which France will turn up, look to Poirot for clues, etc, etc.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
16 hours ago, GAD said:
If Rhys Webb and Dan Biggar were in there I'd happily support England against them.

I will be supporting England against Wales. I've absolutely no issue with that...

Would you support England against Ireland? I think I might...

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Pretty good.

Kinghorn's defence gives me the fear though.

Exactly my thoughts, especially when Sean Maitland's great defence has saved us in that position a number of times. I assume he'll be back in for the bigger games.

Happy with the rest of the team though.

On 1/29/2019 at 16:05, come on shire said:

Imho, I'd recommend the fanzones after the game on Sat. There'll be live music no doubt and the small matter of Ireland v England on the big screen.

Thanks - had a look and the 3 sisters fanzone looks exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. Not this weekend, were going in March for wales so a bit of time yet - only concern would be getting back from Murrayfield in time for the next match kicking off

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

And Penaud is the son of Alain Penaud who played in the same French team as Ntamack snr.

Potentially add in Adam Hastings when France and Scotland face each other. Surely Gavin Hastings faced those two at some point?

19 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

DyPcbkyXcAAkUzM.jpg large.jpeg

Good team. Looking forward to Laidlaw's velvety vocals and the underlying threat of Wilson giving the referee a chokeslam for getting a decision wrong.

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Potentially add in Adam Hastings when France and Scotland face each other. Surely Gavin Hastings faced those two at some point?

Not all in the same game!

Penaud's only cap against us before Gav retired was in 1992. Hastings and Ntamack both played in our late defeat in the RWC in 1995.