Rugby Union

kiwififer

Bullshit decision. Made to fit in with sky's schedule rather than taking fans in to consideration.

Nonsense from the SRU to suggest murrayfield was the only ground available on the same day, when what they mean is it was the cheapest available option. Hampden is sitting empty this weekend. I'm sure the logistics of lining the pitch and sticking posts up isn't that great. Similarly I can't imagine the sfa would be that difficult to deal with.

Edit to add also in a huff about this.

Edited by Northsea80

Bullshit decision. Made to fit in with sky's schedule rather than taking fans in to consideration.

Nonsense from the SRU to suggest murrayfield was the only ground available on the same day, when what they mean is it was the cheapest available option. Hampden is sitting empty this weekend. I'm sure the logistics of lining the pitch and sticking posts up isn't that great. Similarly I can't imagine the sfa would be that difficult to deal with.

Edit to add also in a huff about this.

I don't think they would have time to make an arrangement with a club to use there ground and then get it set up for Rugby.

It is a ridiculous decision.

Yes, Glasgow's schedule is already crammed but to take away their home advantage, not only for the second leg of the cup, but when there are only 2 points between the teams in the league. Even more so to change the city the game is being played in 2 days before the game with no consideration for fans whatsoever. The SRU are a joke.

It is a ridiculous decision.

Yes, Glasgow's schedule is already crammed but to take away their home advantage, not only for the second leg of the cup, but when there are only 2 points between the teams in the league. Even more so to change the city the game is being played in 2 days before the game with no consideration for fans whatsoever. The SRU are a joke.

What alternative do you have to offer?

From what I've heard, broadwood was the one they tried first but a stand failed a safety inspection. Excelsior?? Airdrie was ruled out for something to do with the infrastructure, not enough space for media.

Killie are at home so rules that out and Patrick is unplayable.are the SFA possibly still in the huff about SRU not litting them use MF a few years back.

Correct decision IMO

From an in no way biased Edinburgh fan.

What alternative do you have to offer?

Postpone the game and play it midweek later in the season.

Clyde are at home, so Broadwood wouldn't have been possible anyway, and as the away stands are never used or maintained they probably aren't in a suitable condition.

The point is fans should always be the main consideration, and many will be unable to go now. I also fully expect some Glasgow season ticket holders to end up with terrible seats.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Postpone the game and play it midweek later in the season.

When?

They already have 3 games to re-arrange, doing it during the 6N would hurt us far worse than having to play at Murrayfield, and given the current European standings of both teams, there is no guarantee that the Euro qf/sf dates would be available.

As for playing midweek, there is no way either side would be able to field anywhere near their strongest team for a midweek match.

So what, if they can't play their strongest teams? They would at least be in the same situation, and Glasgow would actually get their home game at a time when fans can attend.

And the immediate reaction would be "It's a disgrace that fans have to pay to watch under strength teams".

I'm a Glasgow season ticket holder. What's to happen for my seat at Murrayfield on Sat I wonder??

Why we can't have used Hampden perplexes me. The SFA are in the doldrums, they would never turn down the money.

Also, the k/o was always meant to be 5.15pm.

I agree with a change of venue, but not at Murrayfield. We already have needed to make space for Zebre away (original date being used for the rearranged Racing away game) then Leinster at home. We were running out of room and rugby is a physical game so expecting players to play midweek then at the weekend without sufficient recovery time would have been unfair.

I was being facetious saying it was the best option. I suspect there are other forces at play. I.e. Ticket sales. 23,000 at MF last week, 3 X what scotstoun holds? Roughly?

So we go down the football route of everything being about £££.

Fwiw I'd play it during the 6n. Both teams would be affected but that's just tough.

Still happy with the decision though.

I'm a Glasgow season ticket holder. What's to happen for my seat at Murrayfield on Sat I wonder??

Why we can't have used Hampden perplexes me. The SFA are in the doldrums, they would never turn down the money.

Also, the k/o was always meant to be 5.15pm.

I agree with a change of venue, but not at Murrayfield. We already have needed to make space for Zebre away (original date being used for the rearranged Racing away game) then Leinster at home. We were running out of room and rugby is a physical game so expecting players to play midweek then at the weekend without sufficient recovery time would have been unfair.

Apparently they enquired about Hampden, and were told it wasn't available.

From what I've heard, broadwood was the one they tried first but a stand failed a safety inspection. Excelsior?? Airdrie was ruled out for something to do with the infrastructure, not enough space for media.

Killie are at home so rules that out and Patrick is unplayable.are the SFA possibly still in the huff about SRU not litting them use MF a few years back.

Correct decision IMO

From an in no way biased Edinburgh fan.

the artificial pitch at the Excelsior is not suitable for rugby due to it not having an extra shock pad layer. Killie are the only football club to have an artificial pitch that can be used for rugby.

Is the pitch/available playing area the right size though?

It is only 1m narrower than firhill so the pitch would be big enough. But it might of not had the capacity if Glasgow were planning on using any of the extra capacity they can use?

Glasgow have the biggest squad in the league and with the amount of squad rotation Townsend uses they could surely put together a team for a midweek match later in the season or on a 6 Nations weekend. Plus there could be two free weekends in April if neither team progress from Europe.

Was planning on heading straight from Broadwood on Saturday to Scotstoun but will never make the game now.