Rugby Union

kiwififer

Warriors match against Racing 92 next week will now take place at Rugby Park due to the likelihood of Scotstoun being unplayable. An extra 7500 tickets will be available.

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/16/01/13/european-fixture-moved-rugby-park

Fine, fair call. Good notice, Glasgow district ground this time and more tickets so not all bad.

Fine, fair call. Good notice, Glasgow district ground this time and more tickets so not all bad.

Unsurprisingly people are losing their sh*t at this. The call is "too early" now, apparently! And of course "we are a Glasgow team, we should be in Glasgow". Technically, Glasgow still represent Glasgow District and Caledonia, so they could conceivably play in Aberdeen or Mull!

As you say, it's a Glasgow District ground, and it's the right decision to make sure the game gets played. Unfortunate that it won't be at Scotstoun, but it looks like something will have to be done about that pitch.

Unsurprisingly people are losing their sh*t at this. The call is "too early" now, apparently! And of course "we are a Glasgow team, we should be in Glasgow". Technically, Glasgow still represent Glasgow District and Caledonia, so they could conceivably play in Aberdeen or Mull!

As you say, it's a Glasgow District ground, and it's the right decision to make sure the game gets played. Unfortunate that it won't be at Scotstoun, but it looks like something will have to be done about that pitch.

They also cover Falkirk, Stirling, Grangemouth and Perth. They have the full list of the club's that they cover on there home tops. The problem they have is they don't own Scotstoun and they want to put in a 3G pitch but that is not suitable for its athletic use.

They also cover Falkirk, Stirling, Grangemouth and Perth. They have the full list of the club's that they cover on there home tops. The problem they have is they don't own Scotstoun and they want to put in a 3G pitch but that is not suitable for its athletic use.

Yeah they are all in Caledonia district (the old North/Midlands) - I picked Aberdeen and Mull as the more extreme examples!

I remember once talking to an Edinburger complaining about a 45 min trip for an away game - the old Glasgow District stuff used to have Mull and Wigtownshire in the same league!

Yeah they are all in Caledonia district (the old North/Midlands) - I picked Aberdeen and Mull as the more extreme examples!

I remember once talking to an Edinburger complaining about a 45 min trip for an away game - the old Glasgow District stuff used to have Mull and Wigtownshire in the same league!

I used to play for Carrick out of Maybole and some of the away trips were outstanding in the Glasgow and District League, Arran, Dunoon, Campbletown, Oban - what a mess some of those coach trips were!

I used to play for Carrick out of Maybole and some of the away trips were outstanding in the Glasgow and District League, Arran, Dunoon, Campbletown, Oban - what a mess some of those coach trips were!

When playing for Morgan in the Caledonian league we had away trips to Orkney!!

I was at the game. It was completely idiotic and he won't be popular in the dressing room tonight. Having said that Finn's clumsy spill which led to the 2nd try was disastrous too. However, I think the better team lost overall and we were very unlucky. However, we shot ourselves in the foot on those 2 occasions. Saints gave away penalties for fun though. How they never got a single sin binning is beyond me.

Edited by come on shire