What Are You Drinking ?

So a discussions somewhere on this forum about Malbec so decided to buy a bottle, just because I have nothing better to doA7FD5614-7D25-49B8-9759-96489D87B563.thumb.jpeg.ce1ceea6063de09b66a0cf6e132c2ecd.jpeg

I’m mainly a red wine drinker so I’ve never tried a white Malbec. Interesting story re the evolution of this unusual wine.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2020/03/trivento-launches-innovative-white-malbec-with-a-social-conscience/

Edit to add it gets a decent write up on the Vivino website

@Vivino app: https://www.vivino.com/wines/162188990

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m mainly a red wine drinker so I’ve never tried a white Malbec. Interesting story re the evolution of this unusual wine.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2020/03/trivento-launches-innovative-white-malbec-with-a-social-conscience/

I am not enjoying it. 

For tonight IMG_1587903912.182173.thumb.jpg.a6e0606234a20941f728378554cd88e5.jpg

This was superb. Not cheap at £20 a bottle though we bought it when on offer at £17 from Majestic. At 14.5% it’s getting into big boy territory. Probably at it’s best with lamb or beef. We had some lovely beef with it. Won’t be a regular tipple as more than I generally pay but a lovely treat.

21 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

If you’re not a regular wine drinker it might be a bit niche as a starting point. I’m no expert though.

I know f**k all about wine. I found one that I really liked then moved flat, couldn't find it again and forgot what it was.

I think this one is too fruity for me. It's got a strange colour, almost rosè.

3 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I know f**k all about wine. I found one that I really liked then moved flat, couldn't find it again and forgot what it was.

Important to remember that most wines will change year to year I.e. a brand of merlot you like using 2016 harvest could be totally different to 2017 especially in countries that have huge wild fires.

Your description sounds about right. An article on the production of this wine includes the following-:

“The challenge of our winemaking team was to elaborate an attractive and fruity white wine made of a red variety, a blanc du noir,”