What Are You Drinking ?

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This was superb. Not cheap at £20 a bottle though we bought it when on offer at £17 from Majestic. At 14.5% it’s getting into big boy territory. Probably at it’s best with lamb or beef. We had some lovely beef with it. Won’t be a regular tipple as more than I generally pay but a lovely treat.

It would have to be very, very good.  Can’t remember the last time I paid £20 for a bottle of wine outside a restaurant.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
It would have to be very, very good.  Can’t remember the last time I paid £20 for a bottle of wine outside a restaurant.  

Oh it was lovely but as you know there are wines of similar quality or better for significantly less. It was recommended to me by a friend and when I saw the reduced price of £17 (from £20) decided to buy half a dozen. Just having a glass of Oyster Bay Merlot at the moment. Very nice and much more in my general £8-15 range. The Malbec was a lovely treat though and given we’ve not been out for a meal recently or for that matter in the short to medium term it seems line a reasonable indulgence.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Is this some kind of shady dealings ? , better to buy inside the restaurant , or for 20 quid , get a really nice bottle in a decent offie ? , but hey ho i prefer a dram to a glass of wine , so what would I know 

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

20200428_145037.thumb.jpg.fedaa1320422ba3624a9f7f85e084ec6.jpg

My shambling exploration of wine continues 

Is that the Rioja from Morrison’s? If so it’s nice.

I was going to try the Jam Shed until I noticed it was a Shiraz.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Aye - is Shiraz the peppery one?

Wouldn’t describe as peppery.  In honesty I can’t think of an appropriate term but I’ve not enjoyed a Shiraz that I’ve tried.